588,024 active members*
4,629 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

dnc inactive on M2 control

Hello,
    I am set up to load EIA ISO programs to my M2 control. I push TAPE I/O, it brings up the menu and works fine. I now have a program that is to large for the available memory, I want to run it DNC. The problem is that from the PROGRAM FILE menu, where the DNC I/O and the TAPE I/O keys are found, I push DNC I/O and nothing happens. I wonder is there a parameter that needs changed to activate it?
    Thanks,
    Apylus444

DNC is an option that includes a board and is not used for "spoon feeding" large programs. The parameter to turn it on if you have the board installed is YO4 Bit 0 0=DNC OFF 1=DNC ON I will check my M2 data t see if I have more info.

Attached is some more DNC info more Mazak service dept bulletins.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you Mr Mazak you are always helpful.

Y04 changed but still having trouble

MrMazak you are correct, changing Y04 to 1 enabled me tom bring up the dnc screen. I don't understand the process from there, however. I tried LOAD HOST>NC, it asks for piece number. When loading in tape mode you can just push start and it searches and finds it. I tried that and it gives a message stating the DESIGNATED DATA NOT FOUND. I tried entering a number and it just locks up the control.
    When you say that it's not for "spoon feeding," not sure what you mean. I want to activate the DNC, go to AUTO mode and push start and run the program off the computer. Any thoughts on what I'm missing? Thanks again.

Man was I overcomplicating it...all you have to do is push AUTO and F2 at the same time. Be in the command screen and push cycle start. MrMazak its interesting that worked while Y04 was still set at zero. I don't understand but anyway I'm happy since I can finally get some work done!