587,999 active members*
2,019 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: 5x10 here

5x10 here

Hello

I've been kind of hanging around the forum reading up on different tables. I placed an order a few weeks ago for a 5x10 gantry. I am very impressed over the craftsmanship. The software is also very user friend. I will have to get familiar with all the bells and whistles. I have been using a Practical CNC in the past and better off not commenting on that Well back to my hotrod table. I delt with Russel and I must say he did what he said and delivered. I had him send me a drawing (pdf) of the table so I could get it ready. I cleaned it up in autocad to have better specs. I do believe they need to work on there manuals. They have 4 that are included and have the the machine settings in 3. The problem is that they all have different settings. I went to the help section and used the settings there. Unfortunately I could not get the thing to fire damit. So I spent a godzillion hours going through the help section and performed all the test. I could only get it to fire manually this was at midnight last night. I ended up staying at the shop until they opened up this morning. I called Russel to give him the news, he directed me to Leon. He had me breakout my meter and go to work. We traced it down to a bad connection in the gantry harness. Boom we had fire :cheers: We also discovered the z axis motor to be pulsating. Hopefully they will keep the good customer service up and get one shipped out to me tomorrow. Its kind of a incontinence to layout $750 to them before they will ship it. I'll post updates here and also I'm sure I'll have some questions.

Burn Baby Burn
    toad

I'll post some more updated pics as I come along
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0607081322.jpg   0608081532a_0001.jpg   0608081534a_0001.jpg   0607082054.jpg  

Admid Please move to the right section Its been a long day

For a minute there I thought it was a modified Torchmate 3.

Just on a side note, it's hard to replace expensive components without some kind of compensation due to the fact that the supplier is out that inventory, with a chance of never receiving it back.

Anyways best of luck!
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Torchmate View Post
    For a minute there I thought it was a modified Torchmate 3.

Just on a side note, it's hard to replace expensive components without some kind of compensation due to the fact that the supplier is out that inventory, with a chance of never receiving it back.

Anyways best of luck!
    Mike They stepped up and shipped it to us w/out charging us. Maybe I was just tired and my patients was running thin yesterday :tired:

Our equipment that we build and sell range from 10-30k. By god if a customer has an issue with a brand new order they received,we are on it. It is a shame though,that customers have burned these nice people :nono: