587,137 active members*
3,265 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Kaliburn CNC Plasma- Motors Creeping

Hello there

I am having an issue with my CNC plasma, it is a Kaliburn Proline 2200 with a Burny 10 interface controller. The Problem is every so often the machine starts moving by itself. The 3 Motors start creeping in a jerk motion. If i jog the machine to a position it normally solves the problem for awhile. It is most noticeable on shutdown and Bootup. I am afraid of damaging the motors or pinions. It will still move with the emergency stop pressed. The only way to completely stop it is to cut the power completely.

Could it be a noise issue or loose connection?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC210229.jpg   PC210227.jpg  

Hi Donie.
    Usually drifting on all axis is caused by a loose ground between the burny and the drive amps ( the drive signal return ) however the Burny 10 should notice this and correct the drift. As your machine does this mostly on start up and shutdown, ie when the burny software is not checking its position, this may still be the case.
    I think the real problem is that the drives are enabled all the time. When the emergency stop is pressed the drives should be off, also when the Burny is booting up the drives should be off so the drift is not apparent.

You should check the drive enable relay, maybe it is stuck.

Perhaps contact Kerf as it is one of their machines. K N D automation in Athlone could sort it out, he is an ex Kerf engineer.

cheers

mike
    Techserv Cutting » British Quality and Innovation

Quote Originally Posted by cowleym View Post
    Hi Donie.
    Usually drifting on all axis is caused by a loose ground between the burny and the drive amps ( the drive signal return ) however the Burny 10 should notice this and correct the drift. As your machine does this mostly on start up and shutdown, ie when the burny software is not checking its position, this may still be the case.
    I think the real problem is that the drives are enabled all the time. When the emergency stop is pressed the drives should be off, also when the Burny is booting up the drives should be off so the drift is not apparent.

You should check the drive enable relay, maybe it is stuck.

Perhaps contact Kerf as it is one of their machines. K N D automation in Athlone could sort it out, he is an ex Kerf engineer.

cheers

mike
    Techserv Cutting » British Quality and Innovation
    Thanks Mike appreciate that:cheers:

I checked all the connections coming into the machine, and the main power cable in was loose at the live and neutral. After i tightened everything up. its stopped the creeping. I notice if i flick the fan switch of the burny pc it will jolt the motors for a split second but thats it.

Cheers and happy xmas

Donie