Quote Originally Posted by dodger889 View Post
Here is a little inside information that you have seem to have missed or have not said. The cylinder of an engine gas or diesel has a slight tapper to them.
yes. there's some cross-posting here. i have the original designs and patents, plenty of photographs. and the.... wait... what? taper? on the cylinder?

Second unless you can figure out how to get the fuel in at such a cool temperature or have a custom gas made. At 30:1 compression you will have nothing but denotation with today's pump gas.
... detonation's exactly what's needed! but yes. a) bourke used a combination of i think it was... white gasoline and stove oil - i'll have to re-read the documentation to say precisely what it was b) the amount of fuel used is reduced when compared to a standard otto engine... but yes, you have a valid point that i'm just going to have to trust the design on. and use the right fuel.

Now if you could inject it at the right moment of the cycle then you co get past that too.

But Hey more power to you if you can make and get it to run.

the high compression ratio is rather essential to achieving the fuel economy, and injectors is a bit more complicated than the original and more than i'm prepared to take on initially. so i'm going to just... see what happens. if nothing else it will be some spectacular messy youtube videos, with me standing a looong way away.