587,842 active members*
3,393 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ: Automotive pulleys

I have a company that currently sells 8 different automotive pulleys (crank, alternator and power steering pump pulleys).

The machine shop that we have used in the past has become unreliable, slow and non-competitive in their pricing so we are now looking elsewhere for someone to do all of our pullies for us. This includes our current products and several new ones that we need done.

We cannot provide the program, but can provide a prototype of each pulley to copy. We would do batches of 20 of each to start.

Here are two sample pullies that we need done:

The larger pulley is approximately 4.8" in diameter. The smaller on is approximately 1.9" in diameter. Both are made with billet aluminum and have a 6 groove belt pattern around the circumference.

More pics available on request. Please provide price quote and timeline to complete each or both.

We have a commercial UPS account and will handle shipping.

you have a private message

We would be glad to quote these pullies for you if we could get a better idea on yearly quantities. I want to quote accordingly so that we can be as competative as possible. Please take the time also to view our website at
    http://www.northernmachininginc.com

Thanks,
    Chad

You have a PM
    Dave Schell, SeaSchell Tackle Machining/Mfg./Design [email protected] 619 562-1835

Is anyone receiving a response from sfr?
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

I did
    Dave Schell, SeaSchell Tackle Machining/Mfg./Design [email protected] 619 562-1835

Smile quote

Quote Originally Posted by sfr View Post
    I have a company that currently sells 8 different automotive pulleys (crank, alternator and power steering pump pulleys).

The machine shop that we have used in the past has become unreliable, slow and non-competitive in their pricing so we are now looking elsewhere for someone to do all of our pullies for us. This includes our current products and several new ones that we need done.

We cannot provide the program, but can provide a prototype of each pulley to copy. We would do batches of 20 of each to start.

Here are two sample pullies that we need done:

The larger pulley is approximately 4.8" in diameter. The smaller on is approximately 1.9" in diameter. Both are made with billet aluminum and have a 6 groove belt pattern around the circumference.

More pics available on request. Please provide price quote and timeline to complete each or both.

We have a commercial UPS account and will handle shipping.
    I would like to quote 20 pcs. for both the larger and smaller diameter pulleys.

I am not sure if you will be supplying the material or not, so I will quote for

the labor only. I will ship the parts to you, but I'm not sure what it will cost

me as far as shipping. I'm guessing about 10 pulleys would fit nicely in my

flat rate shipping boxes. That would be about $16.00 for shipping 20 pcs.

my shop rate is $36.00 hr. I can make the smaller pulleys at $ 36.00 each.

The larger pulleys at $ 48.00 each.

kmstool quote:
    without material
    labor only.
    1.9" pulleys @ $ 36.00 ea. = $720.00

4.8" pulleys @ $ 48.00 ea. = $960.00

Shipping cost = $32.00

Total = $ 1,712.00
    Delivery time 3-4 weeks from date of purchase order.
    My name is Keith @ kmstool if you have any questions
    regarding this quote you can call me at 951-454-5535
    after 3:00 pm thanks and have a great day!

Please email your response to me at [email protected]

You have a private message

Thanks for the interest. This RFQ is now closed.

I think some of these quotes weren't taking into account the benefit of this leading to having repeat steady work for an indefinite period of time.