587,161 active members*
3,295 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hitachi WJ200 1,5kw

I have a hitachi wj200 1,5kw on hand. I bought it to be used on a belt grinder but I am putting it in the torus pro instead to be able to add braking resistor. (I currently have the sunfar 300A model which does not support braking resistor) I have been doing some reading and read that since this inverter has sensorless vector control I might gain some torque in the lower revs? That would be lovely since I am constantly struggeling with low revs when drilling for example.

Does anybody have the data sheet for the motor used in the torus pro? Will need it when setting the inverter up. I have already installed wj200 inverters on a small lathe and drillpress I recently bought so I think I should be able to set up the one for the torus as well.
    Made By Viklund

Re: Hitachi WJ200 1,5kw

I climbed on mine to get the info off the data plate. If I remember right, the vfd came set for 50hz, but the data plate says it's 60hz. I don't think I ever found a manual for the motor.
    Don't have to be too bright to be me

Climbing up to read the motor data plate is one way to do it and probably the most accurate way. Another way would to go to the Novakon website and download the manual for installing the power drawbar. If I remember right all the settings you need for setting up the motor are in the manual. You can pick out the settings you need.

Tom

Physically reading the data plate is how I found that the manual's settings were different. I can't tell you if the 10hz discrepancy made any difference, but I'd prefer things match, just in case.
    Don't have to be too bright to be me

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    Climbing up to read the motor data plate is one way to do it and probably the most accurate way. Another way would to go to the Novakon website and download the manual for installing the power drawbar. If I remember right all the settings you need for setting up the motor are in the manual. You can pick out the settings you need.

Tom
    That's right, I knew I've seen it somewhere. At least I will have the settings to be able to control the drawbar. I will soon tear the mill down to do some modifications and maintenance. Will change the vfd at the same time. An update and probably some questions will follow.

Thanks you guys
    Made By Viklund