587,913 active members*
3,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

VQC Template Builder

I was look at the haas web and they had a Template Builder on there that was a spread sheet to help build templates. does anyone know where i could find this or download it.any help would be great thanks

I never find it but I took our CAD software to help me to edit points of geometry. Just use the grid with the scale of the grid at 1/1. After making your first, you will be confident for all futur. It's really easy once you understand.

But it would be great if someone can make an add-in in excel that we can draw the template and it would edit the code automaticly. I would pay for it.

060315-1715 EST USA

If you use Google and search for --- haas template builder --- you will find the slide show. Use the ENTER (carriage return) to sequence thru the show.

But what do you really gain vs having your own basic stock routines that you paste together to make a program.

I think there are some better techniques that would allow you to manually generate code than Quick Code.

As an example I wrote a program that uses a tool table with a substantial amount of information on how a tool was to be used and in what order operations were to occur. Then my main program extracted information from a Fastcad drawing file and the tool table to generate machine code.

To simplify tool changes and avoid mistakes I have a tool change subroutine that on one line defines all parameters and calls the subroutine. This requires the Macros option. With all the paramters on one line it is easy view and understand the tool change.

Generating a group of subroutines that perform some basic functions that you often use can probably be more valuable than using QC.

tetrault

Quote Originally Posted by leggetmachine
    I was look at the haas web and they had a Template Builder on there that was a spread sheet to help build templates. does anyone know where i could find this or download it.any help would be great thanks
    go to Haascnc.com -customer service-training-info modules it will walk you through it in a powerpoint presentation.