587,925 active members*
3,545 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tool Maker/ injection mold builder needed!

We are looking for a quality minded individual that is willing to aid in the decision making process of this business. You will be responsible for the building, and repair of plastic injection molds. Your work will include set up and operation of CNC and manual equipment, programing using Mastercam, and bench work.
    We are a small company, with a relaxed work environment. We offer competitive pay, and benifits. Overtime is rarely required. You're hard work and dedication is directly rewarded by a share in the company's profits that is paid quarterly as a bonus check.

We are just north of Kansas City, Missouri, in Lawson.

Call any time.

(816) 668-4084
    Dave Lyon

I'm still looking. Isn't there anybody that wants an oportunity to run a shop and share in the profits?

Same offer in Michigan

I've had to offer the same opportunity here in Michigan. These kind of guys are extremely hard to find. Nobody's training anymore. Moldmakers have always been in high demand and many have left the trade.
    Mark Reynaert, President Mark Mold and Engineering [email protected] http://markmold.com

I wish

I wish these opportunities were in Canada.

It sound like a good opportunity and it would be somthing I would have like to do but I have just took a job in Iowa back in Sept of 2006. How many people do you have working for you? What machine do you have? If I hear of someone I will give them your #.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzy View Post
    It sound like a good opportunity and it would be somthing I would have like to do but I have just took a job in Iowa back in Sept of 2006. How many people do you have working for you? What machine do you have? If I hear of someone I will give them your #.

Right now, it's just me, and the new guy. Assuming I can find him.
    I intend to hire two more people before the end of the year, and a couple more next year.

I have 3 CNC mills, a kasuga, a matsura, and a tree. I have a kingston, 4 axis CNC lathe, a Makino sinker EDM, and of course plenty of manual equipment. I program with Mastercam, and design with Solidworks.

I take it your just starting out on your own. Your doing what I plan on doing with in the next year or so but you have a much better start them me. Stay in touch if it don't work out where I'm at I would like to talk you some more. If you don't want to post here send me an email. [email protected]

Muzzy

I take it your just starting out on your own. Your doing what I plan on doing with in the next year or so but you have a much better start them me. Stay in touch if it don't work out where I'm at I would like to talk you some more. If you don't want to post here send me an email. [email protected]

Muzzy
    I'm small, but I'm not new. I've been in business for nearly nine years. I'm expecting sales of about 3/4 million this year, and double that next year.

I'm sorry if I came across like your a new shop or anything along that line. I'm glad to hear of small job shop doing well, and it does sound like your doing very well. I wish I didn't live so far away, I would of work for you on the side if I lived closer.

I'm sorry if I came across like your a new shop or anything along that line. I'm glad to hear of small job shop doing well, and it does sound like your doing very well. I wish I didn't live so far away, I would of work for you on the side if I lived closer.
    Don't worry, it's all good. It's easy to make the assumption that a small shop is new. Many people in todays world don't feel like they're a success if they aren't living larger than life. I don't gauge myself that way. I would much rather have my bills paid, and spend time with my family, and doing the things I like to do than growing a huge business. If I could wake up tomorrow, and have my business be in any condition that I wanted it, I'd still own a small shop.

Ya know, you don't HAVE to live so far away.

Tool Maker / Mold Maker

Guys, I've heard this request before (about 40 yrs ago)
    It seems not much has changed.
    So I learned the business,
    did it and now am not doing it (but could).

The problem was that CNC programming in Aerospace
    was shoving 100k /yr into my pocket, Tool & Die couldn't.

What are the hourly wages now?
    Aerowaste is now up to $56/hr

When Tool & Die / Moldmaking gets fiscal respect
    The kids will flock into the biz, an Electritian gets 100k/yr
    Been doing this too long

Quote Originally Posted by bostosh View Post

When Tool & Die / Moldmaking gets fiscal respect
    The kids will flock into the biz, an Electritian gets 100k/yr

Not around here they don't.

There are two great places to check. Vincennes University Indiana, and Ferris State in Michigan. Both have a great machine trades area. I am about 26 years out of Vincennes and run a shop now myself. Ferris is a great 4 year school. If you call Vincennes as for Joe Merchant, he is over the machine trades area. Tell him George from the class of 81 sent you.