588,259 active members*
5,019 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EZ Trak homing issues

Hello all,
    I have a 1995 3 axis eztrack that i'm currently replacing the corroded CMOS battery(moving it to a remote location)as well as replacing the jog knob assembly on it's pendant. Im not sure if the chrome ring on the knob just unscrews or what? any help with that would be great. The more immediate problem I have is with my 2000 3 axis ez trak. This is the so called GOLD BOX unit. It lived as a showroom display/demo model never milling a thing for 7+ years. I purchased this unit about 13 months ago took delivery of it,hooked it up to my phase converter and away we went. I've been using it 4-5 days a week since and havent had any problems with it, until the other day. During a light millng process using the jog feed in (Z) the feed stopped and the crt displayed a -1155750 across the Y axis readout. I checked the limit sensors and a few wires as well as the motor drive wires and didn't find anything so I shut it down. Since then I've started it up several times, with the machine running the X drive homing process than Y. Once it gets to the Y limit at 12.0000 it's as if it trips something the display goes to 30.0000 In X and that same -1155750 in Y never getting to the Z axis. The machine is now locked. I've checked all the parameter settings, checked connections on the BMDC board and M/B including remove the BMDC board and cleaning the connectors.I read an almost identical problem wth one other site member from the UK the solution ther was a loose BMDC board. Maybe I need to get a little more aggresive with the contact cleaning. We have had a bit of condensation get on the machines in the last few weeks. Unavoidable i'm afriad due to the fact that I operate out of my large 2 car garage. Anyway I hope that someone in the collective genius of this site may help diagnose my ills...Thank u all.

Sounds as if it may have corrupted software.
    That is a computer express control. Does it have the color screen? Do you have a back up disk of the software? Are you familiar with DOS? Can you put in a full size keyboard, get to DOS and try a SCANDISK and DEFRAG?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

homing issues

Thanks for the response.
    It does not have a color screen but I have had a color monitor plugged in before (to view some helix images...cool stuff). I do have what I believe to be the original back up disk. I'm in the process of fefreshing myself with the ways of the DOS for just such an occasion (I need a copy of DOS for DUMMIES).I do have a key board hooked up and will attempt a SCANDISK and REFRAG with the help of a knowledgable friend.Thank you again George I have been a beneficiary of your info for many years now but just started posting as Fusioncraft (my buisiness name) recently.I'll let you know how it goes.
    Formally Pauly P.

How do you get to DOS? We have a full size keyboard hooked up.

I usually go to utilities, then to COMM, (Iam looking for ablack screen with white numbers), at that point I can do a CONTROL C, it will ask if I want to terminate the batch job, press Y for yes. You will be in dos. Or press control C during boot and you shold get the same result.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)