588,238 active members*
4,811 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help needed - Emco F1 CNC Mill.

Hi All,

Could some one please help me in programming M99 in my Emco F1, with G02, to mill an arc which is less than 90 degrees. According to the manual, only the J and K values are needed. But when values are being input the machine which I am having requests, for an 'I' value also. The programming comes to an end with the alarm '01', Wrong Radius M99.

Thanks & Regards.
    Edward.
    Sri Lanka.

I think your machine requires center point programming of partial arcs. The circle center point is always incremental and without + or - signs, and from the start point of the arc onwards using addresses I, J, & K. ( X, Y, & Z respectively) Example: (in X/Y plane) the first block needs the following: G02/G03 dir of rotation, the XYZ values of the endpoint of arc, and feedrate. The next block (M99) you need to describe where the circle center point is in relation to the start point. In this example, only I & J values are needed. You need to figure how far in X from the start point of partial arc to the center point of the arc, using trig, and enter this as "I" value. Then figure the Y distance from start of arc to center point, and this number is "J" value.
    I hope this helps, it's very confusing stuff!

Thanks

Hello Spinwheelz...

I have tried out programming G02/03, and M99 using the center point programming method as you have explained... and it worked... The EMCO Manual was giving a completely a different picture, making use of angles only. ( i.e. J & K inputs are in degrees).

You are right ... it is very confusing...Thanks very much for helping me out..

Regards,

Edward,
    Sri Lanka.