I used the adaptive roughing for the first time the other day and I am loving it.
Originally I had made a few soft jaws up for my lathes chuck with your normal type of toolpath, was taking 25min approx per jaw. I decided to go a bit smaller on the cutter, 10mm down to 8mm, and try the adaptive roughing. I was a bit of a coward and only set the feed to 600mm/min and gave it a go, worked very well and sounded much nicer and also cut the machining time down to 14min or so.
Well yesterday I thought what the hell might as well crank up the feed to what it should be, I am limited due to 3800rpm max on my spindle so could really only try about 1000mm/min but it worked great and dropped machining time down to about 8mins.
I made a few errors in BobCAD, for example I entered a very low Z feedrate for the finish passes, missed out a zero in them Also had square corner instead of round.
I am now looking into how I can increase my RPM as I could really take advantage of the adaptive toolpaths if I could double my spindle speed or more.

Anyway here is a quick vid I took of the first run, material is just mild steel and DOC was 5mm and step over was 10%
ChironMach3andBobCAD - YouTube

Hood