588,204 active members*
4,098 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Toolchanger/Spindle Alignment

Toolchanger/Spindle Alignment

Hi everybody,
    Awhile back our machine in another building had a big crash. Haas came out and fixed the things we new were messed up. I have recently noticed the toolchanger and the spindle height are out of alignment. I know this can be adjusted somewhere in the machines control. I just don't know where to start. I'm not really in the mood to deal with a service call and another large service bill. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

John

This sounds like a call to your dealers service department. i.e. they sould be able to talk you through, how to fix this , over the phone.

Tha Haas dealer in the Chicago area is so backed up on service calls, they WANT to help you over the phone.

If you don't have a dealer close by call: HAAS California 1-800-331-6746

Good luck with your Haas issues,

Bill Kobernus

If you are dealer with the umbrella tool changer this may help. If it is a side mount it will not.

This link should get you to a document about the Haas GR series.

http://www.haascnc.com/manual/getfile.asp?file_id=161

Part way through this document are instructions for setting up the 20 pocket tool changer on the gantry machines. Included in these instructions is the procedure for adjusting the Z axis position to align with the tool changer. You should be able to follow those instructions and figure out how to adjust yours.

EDIT;

Actually even if it is a side mount you might be able to figure it out; the parameter that is adjusted is the same one.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

a bent carousel plate on the umbrella tool changer or a bent arm on the sidemount toolchanger .. there will be no other choice than to have them replaced. Use a tool holder that has a flat surface on the bottom ... umbrella check the pocket height at opposite ends with magbase and indicator to the bottom of tool holder .. same thing for the arm .. check the height on both ends. Hopefully it is not bent .. then all you will need to do is adjust parameter 64