588,582 active members*
12,608 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Digirout 500/1500

Has anyone bought, seen, or used either the Digirout 500 or 1500 cnc router? I would like to get some feedback and opinions on these machines. I know these are entry level machines but I'm at the entry level myself. after doing custom woodwork for 30 years I finally decided to get into cnc. Thanks for any info.

I have called the company that manufactures the Digirout 500, 1500, and 2000 series and got an answer machine saying to leave a message and my call would be returned. Three messages later and no return call yet . I was hoping someone on this forum might be familer with these routers and could give me their opinions - positive or negitive?. The price range seems fair enough for a entry level machine, and would fit my budget.

I'm bringing this thread back to the top hoping to get a reply from someone who owns a DigiRout DR500-1500-2000 or the ST4800, ST5100 or MT5100 manufactured by Digital Cybermation. Since my last reply I did get a chance to speak with the companys sales dept.These cnc routers seem to be pretty good for entry level machines. Any infomation or opinions (good or bad ) from any owners of these models would greatly help in my buying decision. Thanks.

PS. The manufactures web site is DigiRout.com & Digital Cybermation.com

Digirout 1500

I own a Digirout 1500. I am fairly happy with the machine now but it was like pulling teeth to get there. The guy I ordered the machine from (Richard Steranko) was very accomidating at first. When it came time to ship the machine (after I paid for it) He completly dissappeared. He wouldn't answer any emails or phone calls. I finally reached his buddy across town (Keith Bedillion). Through him I was able to finally get the machine shipped. The machine came to me dissassembled with parts missing which I never received. There were no instructions about how it went together. Eventually I figured it out and assembled it with parts that I made myself. I had some trouble with the control unit. A geko drive failed. Bedillion was very accomidating in getting me a replacement and sending some capicitors to help prevent future failures. The computer that cane with the machine failed. I sent it back to them for repair. I have still not got it back from them. I wouldn't recomend these people unless you have a lot or patients and a background in CNC Machines.

I recently purchased a 1000 and after 7 weeks of waiting I have received about half the machine, all hardware and no drive motors, router, controller, or the software I paid for.

Digirout1500

I have now received all the peices to complete this machine (the router mount is in route) and I must say, I am impressed with the quality of the components and the overall design of the machine itself, this machine came as a kit and the peices fit like they were supposed to and the design is well thought out. I have used 2 other types of routers in my time in this business and this one seems to be the best designed machine i've experienced so far, (barring the 30k+ machines).

Quote Originally Posted by ICTguy03 View Post
    I have now received all the peices to complete this machine (the router mount is in route) and I must say, I am impressed with the quality of the components and the overall design of the machine itself, this machine came as a kit and the peices fit like they were supposed to and the design is well thought out. I have used 2 other types of routers in my time in this business and this one seems to be the best designed machine i've experienced so far, (barring the 30k+ machines).

ITCguy,
    Thanks for posting the information on your digirout 1000 . I'm still going back and forth on my decision to buy one of these router kits. Once you get it up and running could you post a few pictures of your setup. What size router will you be using?. I know the 1500 kit is set up for the porta cable routers. ( 3- 1/4 Hp ? )

i must confess

i did the best i could to look at this router started my quest in mid oct 07 and called "digirout" at least six times until late november 07 when i had made the desicion to go with a router and company, then lo and behold they call
    like some others as well, then i got info the thing looked strong but with no support the decission was made jim

Digirout 1000

I am nearing completion, should test tomorrow, I will post some pics as soon as I'm up and running, as for the router, it is a 3 1/4 horse PC model 7518 that I am using.

Complete!!

After a learning curve with the Mach 3 software, I am finally Routing with my 1000. Here are some pics of the machine and an example I cut out of plywood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Table.JPG   X Axis.JPG   Y Axis.JPG   Z Axis.JPG  

Support.JPG   Demo.JPG  

congradulations

it's always good to see a router come to life jim

Quote Originally Posted by ICTguy03 View Post
    After a learning curve with the Mach 3 software, I am finally Routing with my 1000. Here are some pics of the machine and an example I cut out of plywood.
    Thanks for posting the pictures !. It's great to see one of the Digirout machines up and running. Are you pleased with the performace so far. Any complaints ? Did you get any assembly manual with the kit ? I'm still leaning towards the 1500 router, but with very little customer feedback I'm a little concerned about dealing with this company. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    I'd love to see a video of your 1000 up and running.

Digirout 1000

I've routed several items so far and other than fine tuning the Mach 3 software (you have to calibrate the software to the motor speeds etc.), I have no complaints thus far. As for the assembly, I received a CD with detailed pictures for putting it together and Rick was quick to answer any questions I had, but no written instructions, The customer service was great towards the end of assembly, I guess their getting better at that part. I made a few items of my own out of angle to support the wire bridges but other than that it was a veritible snap to assemble, but you need to be somewhat mechanically inclined. I will make a video soon so you can see it in action.

I'm looking to buy a CNC router and I was looking at the DigiRout 200 as my first one. I understand the basic functions of a CNC router because I used one while at school however I don't know everything that is really required to make it "go". So my question is if I order the DigiRout 200 would it come with everything that I needed to make it work (excluding CAM/CAD). I have tried to read about CNC routers but I just get confused when I get into servo and power modules and stuff like that which just confuses me.

I've been looking at the Digirout 1000 with a view to using it as a base for a fibre laser system. It seems to be a solid design but I've had trouble getting in touch with the company and until I saw the recent posts here I was wondering if they were still in business.
    Emails have gone unanswered, and no one responded to my last telephone message. From the previous posts I can see that this is standard practice but, is the machine good enough to warrant the hassle ?

I Have a digirout 2000. We can not get any support from the company have had the machine for months and it is still not operational. If anyone can help it would be awsome. we recieved no manuel or instructions! No responce from phone or e-mails. Even lied and said we wanted to buy another machine so they would call no luck. HELP PLEASE!

digi rout was displayed at iwf, this week

i would copy and paste this thread to them!!

Gecko drive

Looks like i have the same problem with the gecko drive. Can anyone tell me the steps they took to fix the problem.

How do you configure the motor tuning on the mach3 software. Any tips will help trial and error is taking forever

Page 1 of 3 123