588,707 active members*
12,385 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Should I buy these Sanyo items?

Should I buy these Sanyo items?

Hi,

I have an opportunity to buy five Sanyo Denki servoamplifiers and one servomotor for about 180 euro.
    I think four of them are the same, they have this written on them:

BL Super
    Servo Amplifier
    Model 65BA030DDK02
    SANYO DENKI

The fifth is said to be non working but includes a Sany P5 servo.
    The driver has this model number: PE2A050AMF1SJB and the servo
    P50B08075HXS2M

I haven't got any experience in using servos but this might be a way to lern...
    Should I buy them?

/Daniel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00276.jpg  

Do they do what you need? You'll need to research these. The Sanyo p5 stuff is very nice. Do the drives take step/dir inputs and what size motors can they drive. I recall seeing motors from 200w and up. Try to get all the cabling and connectors, tuning software, etc, as these can get expensive. To me that sounds like a good price considering how scarce these kind of items are to come by overseas.

wouldnt the main things be a)if you can supply enough power?

also, does it have an analog input of some sort, or is it just a driver.. has it got encoder inputs?

that sort of thing.. find a manual.
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

Thanks for your answers!

I have looked around a bit for more information and it seems like a lot of parameters on these divers can only be changed using a handheld unit called "Sanyo Denki Remote Operator".
    The drive with the motor included has several operating modes, it accepts torque command, velocity command an positeive/negative revolution pulses.
    This was a bit more complicated than I thought initially, I might just buy the one wich includes the servo if I get a low price when I explain the difficulties gettting these things to work...

there are lots of people on this forum with sanyo denki servos, as there was a good deal on them many months ago. As the whole lot is so cheap, you might be better getting them all and selling on what you dont need. The 750W servo is worth the asking price alone.

Hi,

I bought the P5 and amp for a good price and left the four older drives for now.

Now I just have to get a way to generate the 3-phase 200-230V the powerstage of the drive requires. I tested the control part of the drive and it showed signs of life reporting the "encoder error" message which is good since I didn't connect the motor or encoder.
    I got he manual but not the "remote operator" but the seller told me that I could bring the drive around if I need to adjust anything.