587,112 active members*
4,885 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question NC Plot with Big Files

NC Plot seems to choke on files that are over 60,000 Sequence Blocks. Then turns into a Non Responding Program.

What can I do to prevent this?

I have it set to change back plot colors with tool changes and Letter Addresses.

If anything I'd like to keep the Back Plot Colors and get rid of the Letter Adderss Colors.

BTW: The program it choked on was 183,434 Sequence Blocks, too big to post here.

Any one have an Idea?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Hi Toby,

You can improve the load time on big programs by turning off the address coloring. This is the 'Colorize' option on the 'Edit' menu. When you load a large program, you can see loading progress in the status bar. First, you see a message that says "Formatting ... " and then it should begin to plot. One thing I've noticed, and I haven't figured out why or if I can do anything about it, is that there seems to be a long pause between the formatting and the plotting. If you wait though, it should begin to plot. One other option is to turn off the 'Plot file when loaded' option on the Preferences window. Then the file only plots when you refresh it manually.

Thanks,
    Scott

Thanks Scott,

That worked perfectly.

Here is one of the Files Posted in BCC V2007. It was one of the files I had a problem with.

I still use NC Plot to edit G-Code created from V2007 even though I have the Predator Virtual CNC Level 3.

NC Plot will always be on every PC I own. It Kicks Butt You can't Beat NC Plots Price for Lathe and Mill Back Plotting.

Cheers!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COVER BCC V2007 PDR L3 SIM 8.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I just load this file into free tool (NC2DXF) I made. Worked pretty fine.
    Does Tool-4 toolpath I arrowed on picture is correct ???

Resulting DXF is here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by anorec View Post
    I just load this file into free tool (NC2DXF) I made. Worked pretty fine.
    Does Tool-4 toolpath I arrowed on picture is correct ???

Resulting DXF is here
    I noticed those as well and informed BCC Tech Support. They should be getting back to me soon about this.

I also noticed that the drilled holes and counter bores aren't in your back plot, Is there a reason for that or you didn't finish back plotting?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COVER BCC V2007 PDR L3 SIM 10.jpg  
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Hi!
    Yes on my capture I only showed Tool-4 toolpathes. Holes are there of course

If you want to compare my backplot, you can import DXF file here in any CAM software.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PIC.jpg  

The Flat Areas where done Manually due to some issues that haven't been fixed in BCC V2007. It came out nice though.

Nice back plotter, have you seen NC Plot? www.ncplot.com
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Of course I know of NC plot. We are chatting on its dedicated forum
    I only tried it, it's amazing and it seems one of the best wire backplotter speaking of settings possibilities and features. But it's slow with big files to compare to Cimco edit for example...
    And I couldn't make it ouput a complete and nice DXF file as I do with my little tool

Quote Originally Posted by anorec View Post
    Of course I know of NC plot. We are chatting on its dedicated forum
    I only tried it, it's amazing and it seems one of the best wire backplotter speaking of settings possibilities and features. But it's slow with big files to compare to Cimco edit for example...
    And I couldn't make it ouput a complete and nice DXF file as I do with my little tool
    Does your Cimco Edit Support Sub Programs, Macro Variables, Lathes and Full 4th Axis Machining?
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Does your Cimco Edit Support Sub Programs, Macro Variables, Lathes and Full 4th Axis Machining?
    I am talking about last version 5.1x here:
    Subs: YES (Fanuc and Heidenhain)
    Macro: NO
    Variables: YES with Heidenhain
    Lathes: YES
    4th axis: YES (even 5th axis)

Both are great softs and they have their strength.
    Cimco: editing/fast processing/good looking/tabbed windows/(basic) solid verify
    NC plot: Macro management/a lot of settings/entities database