588,224 active members*
4,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 5 123

Cool New Build - PRO4896 - It Begins

I first want to send out a special thanks to Cory at CNCrouterparts. He answered all my stupid questions and, I feel worked to understand what I wanted out of a CNC router and helped me put the finishing touches on my Build sheet for all the parts. He did not try to steer me to just getting all the options. I appreciate that.

With the money I've about to spend, I was nervous, and I feel after all the research (and I'm anal on that kind of thing), I feel good about the project. After tonight's call with Cory, I've got the final build ready to go. I'm placing my order early next week.

My build will be a 48x96 nema 34 pro build kit complete. I chose to go with the leg option as well, and 5th axis as I want to do rotary turnings (table legs and such). Thanks for the reccomended rotary axis as I ordered that today (a few weeks from hong kong delivery).

I'll have the mach 3 license and going with v-carve-pro and probably an upgrade to aspire within 12 months, but I think thats a start.

I will use an existing PC892 I have laying around that I don't use anymore. I fully expect to upgrade to the spindle option, but I'm blowing some serious dough already so I will get up to speed first then jump to the spindle.

I fully plan to do a pic log of my build from start to finish. Sorry I know there will not be any more posts for a while as I wait for all the boxes, but I wanted to get this thing started to really document the build process.

I know I've looked at all the posts on the other builds, so I'm stoked.

Let the fun begin!

Re: New Build - PRO4896 - It Begins

It's a great machine. Search for "fritter63" on YouTube to see mine in action.

Thanks. I looked you up and your vids are great. I may reach out for suggestions. Do you have the file for that vacuum board?

I agree that Cory (and Ahren of course) provide stellar service and troubleshooting. You mentioned a 5th axis - did you mean 4th axis? Also, I don't see a rotary axis mentioned on the CNCRP site. Could you point us to the rotary axis he suggested?
    Thanks. Scott

Quote Originally Posted by bonesbr549 View Post
    Thanks. I looked you up and your vids are great. I may reach out for suggestions. Do you have the file for that vacuum board?
    Sure, but mine is a4x2 so it will be way too small for yours.....

Quote Originally Posted by kaetamer View Post
    I agree that Cory (and Ahren of course) provide stellar service and troubleshooting. You mentioned a 5th axis - did you mean 4th axis? Also, I don't see a rotary axis mentioned on the CNCRP site. Could you point us to the rotary axis he suggested?
    Thanks. Scott
    Going by spec's in the electronics package it referred to a 5th axis?. 1 for z, 1 for x, 2 for Y, and 1 for A. I've heard it referred to diff so I'll say A axis(rotary)? ...maybee? I'm a newb so could be totally discombobulated

Cory recommended one from E-bay. (CNC Router Rotational Axis 4th A Axis 4 Jaw Claw 100mm Chuck NEMA 34 Tailstock | eBay)

I know it says 4th axis so either way it will be a rotary axis. I will be replacing the motor with one from CNCRP and a cable. I'll throw that motor that came with it on ebay and see if I can get any $$ back.

The rotary axis is commonly referred to as the 4th axis - X, Y, Z, A
    You don't count the Y as two axis, even though it has two motors.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by bonesbr549 View Post
    Great! I'll check w/them for the particulars. Thanks. Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    The rotary axis is commonly referred to as the 4th axis - X, Y, Z, A
    You don't count the Y as two axis, even though it has two motors.
    Thanks for the clarification, and I'll alter the ref in the future ... so much to learn.

I think Ahren actually calls the slave axis on these the B axis because A would be used for rotary.
    Lee

Well upped the order to include the spindle option, and just finished placing my order! Thanks Cory for going ahead and shipping my VCarve-pro software. I'm anxious to get started. Can't wait!

Cool, got my Mach 3 License file tonight. Loaded but had a problem. When I had loaded my demo version, it was the newest and not reccomended. I had uninstalled the newer one and put the right version on, but the license file did not work. Firgured it out, had to uninstall again from windows and then deleted the mach3 folder. Repeated directions in Cory's Email and it worked fine. I had sent a note back with an issue, and before I could send a note back to CNCRP that I had solved it, Cory called me. Great Customer service.

Started seeing things more and playing. As soon as I get my Vcarve license I'll be able to create some G-code on the models I've been playing with instead of only using the example ones that came with the demo version of vcarve.

Keeps getting better. Got my Vcarve-Pro disc in the mail. Installed and now I've got the software covered, just need to get the parts here and we can kick this pig and get it going

Received my 4th axis today via Hong Kong. Package received well protected via DHL. It seems to be a well made heavy duty piece. Won't know till I get it installed. Thanks Cory.

https://flic.kr/p/EXEXW5

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25571566876_49e170d08c_z.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	311334

hey bones,

where did you get that? what did it run you?

curious to know

Quote Originally Posted by CrockettCNC View Post
    hey bones,

where did you get that? what did it run you?

curious to know

Got it on Ebay via a recommendation from Cory. I'll put a link in it's $329 + 139 in shipping comes form hong kong. I ordered on 2/19 and it arrived today and it was packaged well. I have the plug-n-play electronics kit for mine (coming). I ordered a replacement nema34 motor from CRP(115+20 ) and a cable to replace the one in the picture. I asked if the Ebay dealer would consider selling without the motor but they said no. Oh well it's minor when you consider the total cost of the project.

Anyway I plan on it being at the end of the table. across x axis at the end of the table. My main purpose will be for turning table legs.

CNC Router Rotational Axis 4th A Axis 4 Jaw Claw 100mm Chuck NEMA 34 Tailstock | eBay

Received my first shipment of 80/20 today 3 boxes. Heavy as crap, the boxes had a few dings but I think its all ok. I did not have a chance to open tonight just get them in the shop. I'll be opening for sure tomorrow.

https://flic.kr/p/E5G23s
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24994631154_6d872b8d3d_z.jpg 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	311558Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25257598079_9ca197e621_z.jpg 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	311560

I got my email with my tracking numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(14) yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop tracking them numbers every hour just to see where it's at!!!

I know I did lol

Remember that ketchup commercial. Anticipation!
    Lee

Page 1 of 5 123