587,267 active members*
3,243 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Step Motor Kit

I am looking for a kit with the motors, controllers, PS and such to install on my first build. It is a 3 axis machine. I have forund some kits on the web, but would like to know what you guys recommend. I would prefer plug and play, however, I can build if that turns out to be the best route.

Thanks
    Gary

Xylotex has several high quality kits. I have several machines using their components and they are great. Not too expensive, reliable and the service you get from Jeff is second to none. www.xylotex.com

One very satisfied customer,
    Marv

Take a look at this item on ebay.co.uk 130055072920
    This user has a few items which might interest you.

www.xylotex.com is the way to go. I have experience in electronics but had absolutely ZERO experience in cnc building/stepper control when I started to build my cnc a few months ago. When I got my 269 oz. 3 axis kit from xylotex I just read everything that came with it and put it together..... Having said that I'm using the kit today with no problems. I felt it was more than worth it to spend a little more money to have a "pre-built" board. Not only does it save lots of time, but it takes the guess work out when you fire it up.... That way your not wondering if you built it wrong, soldered a point to long and burned something out or if your solder is making contact on all points... Not to say that there is not a time and a place to build your own board I just not think there is much point to do it if you just starting out. But that is just my opinion.

Justin!!!

You might check out Bob Campbell's products at http://www.campbelldesigns.com/

I am using his Mach3 enclosure and three of his 270 in-oz steppers on a Taig mill. This may be a bit heavy duty for a Taig, but the enclosure & components can be moved to a larger machine in the future. Works great.

Bob is a nice fellow to deal with.

Regards,

Chuck

take a look in the classifieds here on cnczone, for sale 3 270oz, 3 gecko 202's and bobcampbell breakout board. does not look like a bad deal

I use 3 Xylotex systems everyday to make a living! I will be adding more of them on a steady basis.

Royce Bunnell
    www.obcues.com

Looking for a replacement on our vista-1325 router Z-motor? Any Idea?
    No Guts, No Glory
    No Pain, No Gain

hobbycnc.com has a kit for a board you have to assemble and 3 motors (115oz/in) with the components for the power supply for $215.