Looking to replace an old Tree VMC-840 (made by ZPS) with a Dynapath Series 10. (Machine is mechanically perfect, just old and no coolant thru spindle, and the control is starting to nickel/dime...CRT...feedrate override...etc). Servos/ball screws/ways are PERFECT.

I need recommendations of machine manufacturers that offer a high quality machine with CAT 40-thru the spindle coolant, in the same class as the Nexus 510C...(Haas, Fadal, Okuma, Mazak...any others)

Any recommendations as to experiences with YOUR machines will be appreciated.

There is NO budget...and we use Pro-Engineer (WildFire 5.0, now Creo Elements/Pro) with Machining Option (with post processor), so I don't really care how restrictive the control design is...but the more flexibility, the better.
We do 2% aluminum, 50% precision boring (.0003" size, .001 position) in bronze, and 48% steel milling (.001"), drilling, and reaming.

Also, any information as to comparisons to basic machine designs for the major manufacturer's...like OKUMA's casting design is "different"? etc.

BTW, if interested in the machine, contact thru forum and i will send pics. The machine will also be in the classifieds next week.