588,029 active members*
4,513 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Panasonic servo Vs Yaskawa servo

Panasonic servo Vs Yaskawa servo

Hi,Everybody.
    I have to use my CNC Router .
    which one Servo motors(Panasonic/Yaskawa)) are better for relief carving on wooden doors?
    Which one is more lifetime(Panasonic/Yaskawa)?

Hi saratbabu,

I am building a large gantry mill all with Yaskawa servos and drives. I can not say much about Panasonic, but Yaskawa is superb. The best machine tool builder here use the Yaskawa hardware for their top machines.

If you dig a little in the manuals, you discover that the Yaskawa has a simulation module and a measure module, where it senses the weight, vibrations, etc, and generate tunning parameter for your particular machine.

Hope you find this info useful.

Wish you the best luck with your machine building.

Dimitrios

While Yaskawa may not be the absolute best, they are more of an industry standard then Panasonic. What this means to you is when the motor fails, you will be able to get it repaired, or replaced without much trouble.

Both the brands are good. The main concept here lies in the after sale service and availability of spare at the right place and right time. Also consider the replacables cost in mind as you are involved in a machine to work in dusty environment such as wood, encoders are prone to failure. Almost all brands offer different types from economical to special purpose applications.

The performance and accuracy depends on the specifications of the product and how well you tune according to your application.

I'd recommend Lenze.

http://www.ctiautomation.net/Lenze-PositionServo.htm

If the choice is only between Panasonic & Yaskawa, I'd pick Panasonic. Yaskawa's programming is very difficult to comprehend.

Panasonic MINAS Digital AC Servo Motors & Drivers Distributors