588,515 active members*
4,931 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

haas floppy dnc restart

I've been running a few large surfacing programs off our VF-3 floppy using MDI/DNC but I can't figure out how to restart the program at a given tool, or block, like I would with a program loaded in memory. Example -> T3, cursor down, cycle start. Is this possible using floppy MDI/DNC?

Another floppy question...
    Is there a way to save all programs in memory to a floppy, without them all being combined into a single file?
    --
    bytecolor

I'd like to know that too. Can all the progs be saved at once without combining them?

061017-1136 EST USA

Edster:

Our E232 System does that.

With appropriate software at the computer end one can perform the function.

How badly do you need this?

Have you moved into the new building yet? And is I232 working on the one pesky HAAS?

Gordon,

I don't really need it, but it would be nice if haas did let you save all the files without combining them.

I got the new building and I'm slowly moving thing over. I still have a bunch of electrical and misc work to get the building ready to bring some machines over. I plan to keep my stock, saws, shear and welder over there. I can't wait to make some room over here for a new VMC

I232 works great, but I still haven't tested it on the little haas. I don't use it that much, so it isn't a top priority.

Talk to you later,
    Ed

061018-0942 EST USA

bytecolor:

To start in the middle of your program you will need to edit your original program into a new file.

In this edit remove all code up to the point that you want to restart. But include any startup code and tool change stuff at the beginning.

I had (still have) a nice little program that I've mentioned occasionally.....an editor from the maker of Millwrite engraving software. The editor has dnc capabilities of course, and it also has the functionality of placing the cursor at any line in the program and transmitting from there onwards. This came in handy a few times....the tough part was figuring out what line the machine stopped on

I cannot vouch for how the program works with Windows XP, I haven't used it since I upgraded from Win98 and there may be some significant difference in controlling the ports. The guy could always be asked, I guess.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by gar View Post
    061018-0942 EST USA

bytecolor:

To start in the middle of your program you will need to edit your original program into a new file.

In this edit remove all code up to the point that you want to restart. But include any startup code and tool change stuff at the beginning.

Oh well.
    I've been reposting the bits I need and running from there. I'll only hand edit code if someone is holding a gun to my head Floppies are so damn volatile. I found out yesterday we're getting our DNC upgraded, new wires, a COM hub, etc. Should be nice.
    --
    bytecolor