588,468 active members*
4,988 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

BUYING NEW MACHINE

Hi!
    Since I'm producing a lot of wooden art project, and many of them needs to be engraved, I decidet to buy my first laser engraving machine.
    I'm taking a chance to import it from China. Becouse over there's a realy big offer, I really don't know which machine shoul'd I buy.
    So i'm asking you for any kind of advice, maybe have any of you personal experiences.

I'll be mostly engraving on wood, and sometimes cuting wood.

I have few favorites:
    Morntech MT3050D
    Sukelaser SK5030
    Jinan Senfeng Technology SF450
    Jinan Bodor BCL0305M
    Redsail M500
    Dowell DW5030

Can you please help me out with decision.

Thanks in Advance

Dont buy China, you are wasting your money. You will pay less now but the aggravation and long term costs will be worse.

What are your needs? We build laser marking and engraving equipment for any budget/application.
    www.FocusedLightEngraving.com
    [email protected]

Pater,

Very few of the machines purchased direct from China will work straight out of the box. Often bits come loose in transit so you would need some knowledge to get things set up correctly also there is the real risk of extremely poor quality parts.
    In my opinion machines which have already been imported and set up by a professional represent the best value for money in low end or budget product.
    It all depends on your price range but Ray Scott of Rabbit Lasers USA offers a service that is second to none, check out his website for more details. Rabbit Laser - USA

Tweakie.
    CNC is only limited by our imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweakie View Post
    Pater,

Very few of the machines purchased direct from China will work straight out of the box. Often bits come loose in transit so you would need some knowledge to get things set up correctly also there is the real risk of extremely poor quality parts.
    In my opinion machines which have already been imported and set up by a professional represent the best value for money in low end or budget product.
    It all depends on your price range but Ray Scott of Rabbit Lasers USA offers a service that is second to none, check out his website for more details. Rabbit Laser - USA

Tweakie.
    Where are these manufactured?
    I find it had to believe that they are using a decent tube for the prices shown. They look very Chinese to me??
    [email protected]

Hi!
    Thanks for replies.

I'm from Europe and I think that Mr. Ray is fantastic guy, but maybe he's to far from me.

Maybe you can recomend someone in Europe.

Where are these manufactured?
    I find it had to believe that they are using a decent tube for the prices shown. They look very Chinese to me??

Laserman,

Manufactured in China (thought you would have known that).

Tweakie.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman FLE View Post
    Dont buy China, you are wasting your money. You will pay less now but the aggravation and long term costs will be worse.

What are your needs? We build laser marking and engraving equipment for any budget/application.
    Need to upgrade your website so we can see what your selling for everyones budget.......... Rabbit and Legacy sounds good but you still pay for the import charges via there shipping rates only they toss in a setup and some training for you that is if your in there delivery range if not your still stuck with a 800 to 1100 shipping fee which norm would cost you 250 to 400 dollars I hate when companies try and make a buck off you via shipping & so called handling charges just to make the price of there machines look good. Ebay is a perfect example of price and shipping tricks.
    You want to sell me a machine make it actual shipping charges you want to toss in a setup and training add it to the optional price for those who want it after all they all offer free online tech support anyhow.

Supplier war

Hi!

This thread is not meant for supplier's wars.

I'd be glad to hear some personal experiences regarding to these manufacturers:

Morntech
    Sukelaser
    Senfeng Technology
    Redsail
    Shenhuilaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pater G. View Post
    Hi!
    Thanks for replies.

I'm from Europe and I think that Mr. Ray is fantastic guy, but maybe he's to far from me.

Maybe you can recomend someone in Europe.

Where abouts in Europe are you ?

Tweakie.

SI - Slovenia

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjax View Post
    Need to upgrade your website so we can see what your selling for everyones budget.......... Rabbit and Legacy sounds good but you still pay for the import charges via there shipping rates only they toss in a setup and some training for you that is if your in there delivery range if not your still stuck with a 800 to 1100 shipping fee which norm would cost you 250 to 400 dollars I hate when companies try and make a buck off you via shipping & so called handling charges just to make the price of there machines look good. Ebay is a perfect example of price and shipping tricks.
    You want to sell me a machine make it actual shipping charges you want to toss in a setup and training add it to the optional price for those who want it after all they all offer free online tech support anyhow.
    In process ...
    [email protected]

XYZ GW

Hi!

Does anyone have any experience with XYZ TECH or G.WEIKE lasers.

Thanks

Hi !

I bought the tiny 40w from Gweike.

I've been in contact with "Tina" and she always did her best to "please me".

Something (big) went wrong though... : I ordered the USB version and got a parallel one... since I couldn't / didn't want to send back the machine I asked them what they could do for me.

They sent me for free a new main board with a external panel) (very similar to that one Commerical DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller. Support CorelDraw & AutoCad )

and a new Power supply.

So it clearly cost them much more money than the original USB version of my machine would have.

So yes they did a mistake but clearly they didn't let me down.

The thing is that since I had a lot of work (so no time), was lazy, and lack some knowledge, I still didn't manage to install that new board...

Quote Originally Posted by Pater G. View Post
    Hi!

Does anyone have any experience with XYZ TECH or G.WEIKE lasers.

Thanks