587,633 active members*
3,473 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

I need Major Help! / Mach 1

I downloaded Mach 1 last night to run my minitech desktop mill. When I talked to Mini-Tech, Jack said he'd email me a diagram for my cable pins, (I have one of the first models of there 3 axis mills), along with my activation code files. I got the code files to activate, but he didn't send the diagram.. That's just one problem.

I have a brand new Dell Latitude D505, 1mg RAM, 1.60 ghz Pentium M processor with Windows XP Proffesional. If I launch Mach 1, and try to browse the internet, when I minimize, or maximize my screens, they'll move intermediatly, and slowly.....not cool!, Not cool at all!

There's no manuel to download on the software and the help menu is pretty vague for someone like me! What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me at all??? I have some parts that I've programmed in GibbsCAM that I would like to get cut out this weekend. I have the code already posted out in generic Anilam Crusader, I'd even settle for a DOS program until I can get Jack back on the phone!

I can't help you with your hook up as I'm not familiar with minitech.

As far as browsing the internet. You will not be able to do that while running Mach2. You also will not be able to run MSN Messenger, or Apple Quicktime. There may be other programs that bother also but these are the only ones I know of off hand. It is ok to have them on your computer. But just can't use them when you are using Mach2. There is a Mach1/Mach2 user group on Yahoo. Art posts there all the time and they are very helpfull with info on Mach2

Jeff T.

Use Mach2, not Mach1. Mach2 has an excellent manual. Like Jeff says, you shouldn't be doing ANYTHING else while Mach2 is running. In order for it to function properly, it basically takes control of Windows while it's running.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)