588,224 active members*
4,271 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics Centurion 1 Software & Manual

Milltronics Centurion 1 Software & Manual

Where is a good place to buy a manual for a Milltronics Centurion 1? I've never used this control and need a owners manual. I'm thinking of buying this machine. It is a 1998 model.

Thanks in advance.

centurion 1 manual

I have a manual for a centurion 1. I could copy it and send it to you, just shoot me an email. [email protected].

Re: Milltronics Centurion 1 Software & Manual

I know this is a long shot, but do you still have a copy of the manual? Milltronics doesn't even have it any more.

Attached.Still available from Web site

Ron

Hi All, the original C1 manual is about 'worthless" it does not explained the machine, control operations to the level of the CNC manual. It leaves more users with more questions then answers.. what you need to "ASK FOR" is a SLS programming manual.. it is the C! answer "most" manual as the CNC manual is to C5, C6 C7.

It was "assumed" at one time that the C1 "user" would be a "beginner" and giving the TOO much information would be confusing. TRUE, In the beginning,, users are now MUCH more savvy. and need the information in the SLS manual.
    The differences between SLS and CNC is subtle, but different enough to warrant it's own manual.

C1 / SLS ( Selectable Level Software) is used mainly on small knee and bed mill machines.. It is slightly less sophisticated then the CNC software, but no less as powerful. It was designed for small knee and bed mills, that don't have tool changers and other more "high end" features. They tried to "Keep it Simple"
    Now that more people "know" more about CNC machining, they need a better manual.
    Gota C1, ask for a SLS manual. It might mention "options" you don't have, but it will give you more info on how the control operates.( M& G codes, Parametric programming etc)

OH, the other options? get an SBC update.

PM me for more info.

sportybob