587,475 active members*
3,493 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Boss 8 CNC retrofit and 5 HP upgrade - Build thread

Hybrid View

Re: Boss 8 CNC retrofit and 5 HP upgrade - Build thread

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The Belt is a regular Timing Belt just measure it and you can get a replacement I may have one if you have the size that you have

That C3 Ballscrew does not look so good with the rust on it, it looks like it has never had enough oil on it which can be a problem with the standard oil pumps on these machines

Here is a photo of my table guard I made from 1/8" Aluminum sheet the corner posts where milled from bar stock the 2 ends just slide in which you can remove for long parts

And Y axis Ballscrew after more than 15 years of use it does have custom way covers though
    Mac, do you recommend upgrading the machine oiler to some other method ? is your chip guard mounted in the t slots like the oem unit ?

thanks !

JOe

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Mac, do you recommend upgrading the machine oiler to some other method ? is your chip guard mounted in the t slots like the oem unit ?

thanks !

JOe
    No the Guard if mounted to the back flange of the table on the inside so the drainage and all T slots are clear along the back, this only works if you have the Boss Tables it has 3 1/4-20 SS screws that hold the back it in place and the corner posts have 2 10/12 tpi SS button head screws as well, it gives you the full table to use

Yes the oilers need to be replaced the one's I have used are not cheap but run at 170 PSI 150 PSI is ok like this pump here they are every where so you can some times find a good price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202834043075
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    No the Guard if mounted to the back flange of the table on the inside so the drainage and all T slots are clear along the back, this only works if you have the Boss Tables it has 3 1/4-20 SS screws that hold the back it in place and the corner posts have 2 10/12 tpi SS button head screws as well, it gives you the full table to use

Yes the oilers need to be replaced the one's I have used are not cheap but run at 170 PSI 150 PSI is ok like this pump here they are every where so you can some times find a good price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202834043075
    Mactec, after wrestling with the bijur oil pump for 2 days im ready to concede and purchase this pump you recommend.. any idea if it is the 4mm or 6mm model ? it will be coming from china so i want to be sure i order the correct one also i am going to pull the table to check the oilers is there any info or schematic on what metering orifices will be needed?

thanks

Joe

Mactec, after wrestling with the bijur oil pump for 2 days im ready to concede and purchase this pump you recommend.. any idea if it is the 4mm or 6mm model ? it will be coming from china so i want to be sure i order the correct one also i am going to pull the table to check the oilers is there any info or schematic on what metering orifices will be needed?

thanks

Joe
    I think if you measure your system it is using either 5/32 or 4mm tubing, you almost always have to make an adaptor where the pressurized oil comes out of the unit, so I would use the 6mm unit and just make what ever adaptor you need to connect your fitting
    Mactec54

thanks !

JOe
    Just did this close up for you to see how it is mounted
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guard Close Up.jpg  
    Mactec54