588,166 active members*
4,465 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

IH in Commercial Service

Hi all!

Are there any members using their IH's in "commercial" or production service (specifically the newer, larger version)?
    I am still working on my "due diligence" in choosing a machine, and would love to hear how these mills are being used, the types of parts being made, how their mill is holding up, repeatability/accuracy, Etc.. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Steve

Cool Prime example

Keep in mind that all the milled parts of the IH CNC kit are produced on IH CNC mills. Its all they use.

A shop I worked at started out with a CNC Knee mill. As business grew they considered trading it in on a full sized VMC. I pushed strongly against this and they kept the knee mill and added the VMC.

For single tool operations where you are just swapping parts (not tools) this can't be beat. Such as cutting hex flats on a 4 axis.

For short run it is also easier to tool up and run than many VMC's

The real questions is your target part, part quantity, delivery demands, and labor cost.

There is no question the mill can do the job. The question really is, is the job right for the mill.

Thanks for the reply, but I really am in need of feedback from actual users. I've already been to IH and met Gene, he was most accomodating and very eager to help.