588,293 active members*
4,270 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > Anyone in Kalamazoo or Battle Creek, MI??

Anyone in Kalamazoo or Battle Creek, MI??

Anyone in Kalamazoo or Battle Creek, MI interested in starting a cnc club once or twice a month????

I own a shop with a lot of equipment and should have enough space soon to hold regular meetings if interested... Not sure how to work it or how feasible it would be but not scared to try!!
    EXIT 85 Manufacturing "The best custom wheels, period" (www.exit85.com)
    Experts in low volume, highly complicated, one-off forged aluminum wheels

Hi Gimpy,
    I live in Marshall and might be interested. I have purchased the HobbyCNC 3 axis kit and am using EMC2 to drive it. So far I have the motors turning in what looks to be the right number of turns per inch and can trace the cut lines of an image configured as plasma cutting. I haven't completed the table yet though. I am just about finished with the Z carriage and axis. The Y gantry beam is done but that is about it so far.
    I have been stumbling my way through this for about two weekends now as far as the controllers and software goes so I have a lot to learn.
    Spokes

Battle Creek ?

I'm in SW Michigan, between Niles and Cassopolis.

I bought a used Precix 9000 sign router and can't make much sense of the software.

It would be great to have someone to talk this over with.

I'm in Grand Rapids................ What types of things are up for discussion? I need help with what could possibly be labeled advanced Okuma, Fanuc, Cincinnati, and I'd like to get into macro programming.

I'm in Kalamazoo, and would like to participate and learn. I have a Bridgeport Boss 8 that I would like to retrofit.

Thank you,

rodeo man

Quote Originally Posted by AMCjeepCJ View Post
    Anyone in Kalamazoo or Battle Creek, MI interested in starting a cnc club once or twice a month????

I own a shop with a lot of equipment and should have enough space soon to hold regular meetings if interested... Not sure how to work it or how feasible it would be but not scared to try!!
    I live in the Union City Area south of BC and am very interested in hobby CNC. I have studied programing and know a little about the machine part. I would like to know more before I step into buying or building. I think it would be great to meet with a group sharing my interests.

In other words I want to be the one of the second mouse group.(group)

I live on the south end of grand rapids. I would be interested(not sure of the wife). I could probably make it every other month? I hope something comes of this.

Mike

shared interest

Quote Originally Posted by OldSneelock View Post
    I live in the Union City Area south of BC and am very interested in hobby CNC. I have studied programing and know a little about the machine part. I would like to know more before I step into buying or building. I think it would be great to meet with a group sharing my interests.

In other words I want to be the one of the second mouse group.(group)
    OldSneelock,
    I live in Marshall and have a working home built CNC router/plasma cutter. That wouldn't be too big a drive if you wanted to see mine in action and discuss what I have learned in the process. Send me a PM and I will give you my phone number and address.

I live in Bath, Mi and have a boss 6 Bridgeport cnc that has Mach 3 control software and a breakout board. I have welders, Lathe, Horizontal cincinnati Mill, Drill presses, Glass beader, and other equipment. I am just about to retire and would like to join possibly. Pat

I live in the Grand Rapids area and I'm looking for someone who would be interested in doing some machining work for me. This is just hobby stuff. I build audio equipment. I don't have access to any equipment these days, but I would like to continue building things. I'm currently looking for someone who can take my 3D CAD drawing and mill some MDF. I work full time and go to school full time, so I can't participate in any workshop/show and tell or I would love to see some of these DIY setups. I love DIY, but I do mine with audio.

Smile

I would possibly be interested in doing some hobby work for cash. I am set to retire in about a week. I would be able to look at your prints then. What format is your cad drawing in? Thanks, Pat

AutoCAD, but I can convert to DXF if needed.

Smile

Yes bushroot, look at your private messages. I sent you some info, and my email. Thanks, Pat

CNC in Kalamazoo

Hi,

I'm interested in learning how to use/build my own CNC router. I'm a COMPLETE newbie to the machine, so I'm trying to get a good footing in the field.

As far as a CNC club goes, I'm all in (in either Kalamazoo or Battle Creek)!

NW

Naidra, I sent you a PM.

Still interested

Quote Originally Posted by naidra View Post
    Hi,

I'm interested in learning how to use/build my own CNC router. I'm a COMPLETE newbie to the machine, so I'm trying to get a good footing in the field.

As far as a CNC club goes, I'm all in (in either Kalamazoo or Battle Creek)!

NW

I'm still interested in joining a local group. I HAVE a CNC machine that needs a new wiring harness, and I'm trying to get Precix to send me the diagram for making one.

OK, count me in too, however I see nothing here about any meetings.

So what is this - another go nowhere thread?

Quote Originally Posted by 43220 View Post
    OK, count me in too, however I see nothing here about any meetings.

So what is this - another go nowhere thread?
    Wasn't any real interest a couple years ago, don't know about now.

Unfortunately you can't erase anything on here after a short period of time, it's online now forever!
    EXIT 85 Manufacturing "The best custom wheels, period" (www.exit85.com)
    Experts in low volume, highly complicated, one-off forged aluminum wheels

Well, maybe just post a time and place here with contact info for you and see what happens?

cnc club

I've been in DC for the past 3 months, but if anyone wants to get together, I'm generally free Fridays and Sundays. I don't have a CNC though, so hopefully someone who has access to one will be able to host the meetings (I'll even bring the pizza)!

My # is 313.355.2258, or you can email me through the cnc zone.