587,482 active members*
3,378 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Just ordered the last melon (Torus)

Hybrid View

Re: Just ordered the last melon (Torus)

Man I thought mine was bad , I think I'd take a hole saw to that and fit a sink drain or something

Re: Just ordered the last melon (Torus)

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    Man I thought mine was bad , I think I'd take a hole saw to that and fit a sink drain or something

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth
    I see why they get plugged up. The design on the new Torus pro stand it way better. Its completely impossible to plug the chip drain.

Yeah, my stand has serious prostate issues.

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem
    If I had my time back I would have bought with the new stand , I bought when they crossed over . I was on the site one week then the next week when I planned to make the purchase the price had jumped $2000 due to the new stand . I talked with Kai and they still had an old stand and I was able to get it at the original cost . With the currency difference at the time it was a significant amount of change and I figured I could have a nice heavy duty aluminum stand made for less.

Sounds like we were in a similar situation. At the time I bought Novakon’s last Torus, the Stepper Pulsar was available with the new stand. The cost increase was around $2000 and I never really get a clear answer as to what the extra money was going to buy me.

Now I know.::withstupi

So I have the cold comfort that all the extra work I am going through with the coolant system is really a case of saving money.(chair)