587,108 active members*
4,848 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > RFQ - milling work on 1/4" wide tool steel - may need azis mill or right-angle mill

RFQ - milling work on 1/4" wide tool steel - may need azis mill or right-angle mill

I am looking to have a sawback milled onto a knife spine like this:

(picture of my WSK knife)

I've been putting these in "by hand" with a triangle file...they are a huge pain, take way too long, hard to keep "even", and I'm wiped out by the time I'm done.

I have the knives already profiled and they are uniformly 1/4" thick (will not have ground bevels - as is shown on the pic). So, holding in a vice should not be a problem. Also, the steel is annealed and should be easy to cut (relatively speaking).

I can provide dwg/dxf files of what's needed as well as detailed specs/measurements/angles, etc. in both 2D and 3D.

I have a small mill and was going to try this myself with a right-angle attachment and a "V" cutter on an arbor....but just haven't gotten around to it...and it will probably be months before I do.

Let me know if you have any more questions and if this interests you. I have probably 20-30 I will need to have done soon...all depending on how many you are interested in doing.

I am a knifemaker, living in Arkansas...but will gladly work with folks in other states.

Thanks!

Daniel Koster

send me the drawing files and i will take a look.
    [email protected]

pendentive, you have a PM

merl

Send me the files also.
    Thanks
    Dave
    Dave Schell, SeaSchell Tackle Machining/Mfg./Design [email protected] 619 562-1835

Ok, guys. Thanks for the offers. I have sent emails to all that have requested. Sorry for the delay...kinda crazy around here.

Anyway, let me know when you come up with a quote. You can email me at:

dan AT kosterknives DOT com

Thanks!

kaderick Guest

knife spines

Send me the files as well. Hard part for me is making a quote. What seems like a fair price to you? References available.

I would like to see your files, DXF/IGES.
    [email protected]

Jim T Programmer / Walco Tool & Engineering

send me the iges files, I think I can machine these profiles.