588,227 active members*
4,662 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Security Failure 4 ERROR POPUP in V23

Security Failure 4 ERROR POPUP in V23

In my V23 build 1595, which has been working great since first installed when it was new, now suddenly is popping up an error whenever I try to generate any 3D toolpath.

"Security Failure 4" When I click the OK button then another pops up saying "Access Denied".

After the OK is clicked in the Access Denied error window then the Security Failure 4 pops up again followed once again by the Access Denied.

This happens with both existing and new files, but only on 3D paths. 2D paths work fine.

I receive the same sequence of errors when connected and disconnected to the network/internet.

I have the same results with and without the dongle connected.

My LICENSE shows the correct levels.... CAD 1, MILL 3, ART 1, OTHER 3. The other information on the license page is complete and correct.

I tried a repair install. Nothing changed same errors.

I tried uninstalling both Bob and Preditor from Windows Add/ Remove, reboot and reinstall from the full install build 1595 file. Nothing changed same errors.

I tried uninstalling both using the build 1595 installer, choosing the uninstall option. Then reboot and reinstalling 1595. Nothing changed same errors.

Then I uninstalled both with 1595 installer, removed all traces of both from the registry, reboot then did full install from 1595 installer. Nothing changed same errors.

As I said, Bobcad has been working fine with no problems at all and suddenly it has gone haywire.

No new programs installed, no new updates added since the last time it worked correctly.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Not sure if this will work now but because it may not be a Bob problem, try System Restore.
    V25, Dell T3700 Xeon, 16GB, Nvidia 4000, Win 7 64bit 2 x 22" Dell Monitors.
    Moulds completed: 130

Contact support and they will be able to correct this issue. The phone number for support is 727-489-0003.

It seems that I may have needlessly reinstalled Bobcad 10 or 15 times today.

A problem came up this afternoon with a program that needed tweeking.

I said no big deal I'll jump on this other box that has Bocad installed on it, change the cutter dia and repost the code...... easy.

The other box is giving the exact same error messages.

Weird.

Why didn't I think to check another computer this morning?

Maybe a network problem on this end blocking Bobcad from accessing the internet?

Well PDSI,
    You are running a build that is old and could be affected by licensing changes that were made "years ago"......

You could look here to see if the old patch will work in your situation:

Patch for 3d toolpath libraries licensing

Look at the top of the page and try to run that.

What I would suggest to be better, is to do a complete uninstall (this means to do the normal add/remove, then also delete the folders and registry values for both BobCad and predators) then download the original full installer from here:

1326 full installer

Then update that to 1812 from here:

latest build

Thanks Burr,

But..... see below.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Well PDSI,
    You are running a build that is old and could be affected by licensing changes that were made "years ago"......

I know it is an older version but I have been using it nearly daily, without problem, since the day it was first installed.

You could look here to see if the old patch will work in your situation:

Patch for 3d toolpath libraries licensing

Look at the top of the page and try to run that.

What I would suggest to be better, is to do a complete uninstall (this means to do the normal add/remove, then also delete the folders and registry values for both BobCad and predators) then download the original full installer from here:

I did a complete uninstall including registry, folders, and all and did a clean install from the 1595 full install which is what I have been using this whole time.

1326 full installer

Then update that to 1812 from here:

I stuck with 1595 and never went to the 1812 version due to "some people" having issues with it when it first came out..... plus 1595 worked fine for what I needed.

latest build

Plus since I later found out that it also is not working on another machine, with a different dongle, there might be another issue not involving the install of Bobcad.

Having said all that..... I may still try again and install 1812 just to be sure!

Thanks!

Let me ask you, did you call BobCad as SeanDa suggested? He works for BobCad and is trying to help you out. He even provided the phone number.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    Let me ask you, did you call BobCad as SeanDa suggested? He works for BobCad and is trying to help you out. He even provided the phone number.

Mike
    No I haven't called YET. But I will. (Thank You SeanDa!)

I know he is trying to help, I was just trying to solve the problem on my own....... with some help off the web

Friday I wasn't sure what I would have my guys working on come Monday.

Today, Monday, I have more work due in 1 week than I can accomplish in 3!

May take a few days before I can get back to this.

I finally got a chance to look at this again.

Last night at home I tried 1595 that I installed years ago.

Same security failed error so it isn't a network issue here at work.

This morning I installed 1812 and the problem is gone.

Weird that multiple computers with 1595 in different locations ALL suddenly developed the same problem.

Oh well, as long as 1812 works all is good!

Thanks all for the help!

Great

:banana::banana::banana:

Weird that multiple computers with 1595 in different locations ALL suddenly developed the same problem.
    Well, there was a licensing change with interfacial, and we dont really know how the rockey chipset works with regard to it's validation scheme. I'm sure it didnt require "a constant connection" to the internet to work, but had some type of triggers to verify itself with the online database. Some change somewhere triggered it. The change would be common to your setup.