588,219 active members*
4,269 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Changing controller/SW on Wabeco F1210E?

Changing controller/SW on Wabeco F1210E?

I have a Wabeco F1210E that I bought two years ago fully loaded - Wabeco motors, controlller, pendant, balls screws, even Wabeco cabinet...cost near $20K and it's been sitting unused since day one. Unforetunatley, I bought the controller/NCCAD software package and the Ssoftware is hard to use, unreliable and the manual is mostly in German so learning has been difficult.

Fortunately I also have a MaxNC15 and haven't had to rely on the F1210E. Now that I'm beginning a new project where I will need the larger, more capable and accurate F1210 I'd like to swap controller and use some mainstream software to run it...maybe even BobCAD (which I'm used to on my MaxNC)...anyone know the easiest way to accomplish this?

What Probs do you have with NCCAD? This is the easiest CNC Program that I ever used.

I guess the main problem is that NCCAD (7) seems to operapte very differently than what I'm used to (BobCAD). With BobCAD I had a set proceedure:
    1. Make a drawing in my favorite CAD software and save
    2. In BobCAD I would just select a path trace and then assign a tool with the appropriate shape and offset.
    3. Then I just let it rip and it was simple and easy.

In NCCAD I tried importing a DXF file and had problems with layers even though I created a drawing entirely in a single layer. The it appears as though I have to select each path trace and assign a "technology" which is a tool, offset, depth and so on. Operating the SW is awkward. For example, to zoom in on a section of the drawing I select the zoom item and then I have to drag a box only from the lower right hand corner to the upper left hand corner before it actually works. This may seem like a trivial issue but when you have dozens of these awkward (or backward) issues they make for a steep learning curve.

Any tips or hints you can offer I'd appreciate...