Thanks to all who attended today's first meeting of the Brisbane CNC User Group. I think it's safe to say the club has had a successful first meeting, we've put the plans in place for a successful second and third, and we look forward to a successful future. At this point we have decided not to formalize the club beyond (a) deciding to appoint a host at each meeting, for the next; (b) deciding that each meeting should have a definite presentation or purpose in addition to meeting and discussing general CNC-related topics.

Thanks to those who brought machines, parts and work to show, in particular Claudio for making our stylish club badges and Boris for bringing the very interesting seat; I think many who saw it will copy the design strategy for themselves. Much useful information was exchanged and I'm sure all attendees left knowing more, and inspired to do more. I know I certainly did; I'm very new to all this, and learned a lot today. Thanks also to Tracey Beaton, our wonderful caterer. Everyone greatly enjoyed her tasty food.

For those who couldn't make it this time, we're sorry you missed it, and hope you can make it to the next (especially you, Greg - we wish you all the best). We are interested in growing the club, and encourage you to invite people who would be interested in meeting other CNC hobbyists.

We have decided to meet on the first Saturday of every second month, and resolved to meet again on 2 May 2009, the first Saturday in May. This will be hosted by Boris Daniljchenko at his home - email [email protected] if you are interested in attending, to get the address and further instructions. Boris may wish to post his address here closer to the date.

The presentation for the second meeting will be a workpiece to be run on Boris's 8' by 4' router - please email him with your suggestions and the necessary files, and please be prepared to supply the necessary material (or discuss this with Boris).

A register of members has been created and emailed to all attendees - I think it will be worthwhile to keep this up-to-date as the club grows.