588,011 active members*
3,534 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Fanuc 16TT

Fanuc 16TT

Hi,
    I currently have in my possesion two complete Fanuc 16TT controls minus the servos and drives.

One has a main B 6 axis motherboard A16B-3200-0110 and the other a main A 4 axis motherboard A16B-3200-0010.

I want to install one of these on my twin pallet horizontal mill so I can have simultaneouse 5 axis machining capability but I am unsure how the cnc info is stored on the control and if the 16 control is capable of full 5 axis .

Is everything lost once the PSU battery dies?(not sure how long these controls have been switched off for)

Will I need a complete software and ladder re-write to go from the TT set up to a 5 axis mill set up..? or just a ladder re-write for things such as the pallet changer and tool changer.

I realise my questions might seem obvious to some of you but i'm a complete novice with the 16 control!! so any information would be a big help!

Thanks in advance
    John.

16 TT is a Turning package we cant use this for Milling

Hi,
    Thanks..just thought as the circuit board numbers were the same for both milling and turning ie. axis, spindle and memory modules it would be possible to re- load a set of milling parameters and a new ladder...?

John

Might be worth me getting a Fanuc tech in to put new software on the control if it is still useable for milling..?
    Otherwise i might have to put both controlls on ebay!!

John