588,567 active members*
4,550 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Maxnc 10CL 4 x 11.9" 1/10 HP Closed-Loop CNC Milling Machine

Post Maxnc 10CL 4 x 11.9" 1/10 HP Closed-Loop CNC Milling Machine

I just found this minimill. look it up.

https://www.shoprutlandtool.com/weba...atalogId=10001

Steer well clear of the MaxNC. There are a number of threads you should look for in the archives covering this specific brand and model of machine already, and none of them are positive.
    Discussing the details of those machines now will get you in trouble, but the archives still have some good discussions about the details of non-Chinese benchtop machines dating back from when it was still allowed.

Why will discussing details of a machine get you in trouble? Just curious...

It'll get me in trouble because I had one way back and it'll bring back bad memories. (shudder)

Run away! Run away!

Spend your money eleswhere.

maxnc - no no

I have a maxnc
    it's a paperweight
    save up a couple more grand and buy a good machine.
    one made from steel.
    Thug

Klean Power...... I will take that paper weight off your hands!!!!!!!!

I have a MAXNC 15 OL and well, after doing EXTENSIVE mods to it. I finally have it tracking right and machining the hell out of some wax! Its not a very rigid machine but for what I do, they are pretty descent. They are great little machines, but the money could be better spent else where. They are not for a person just starting! One good crash or over travel can kill the plastic backlash nuts! Also the 1/4-20 acme lead screws... they flew pretty easy!

So in essence, what you are saying is that after spending 3x-5x as much as a Sherline would cost, and then doing extensive modifications to it, you have it performing almost as well as a stock Sherline. (As long as you don't crash it or run it too hard, and only in between the regularly scheduled Max NC drive electronics failures).

Tell me why this is so great again?

I understand that if you are somehow stuck with one it can eventually be made at least marginally useful, but for far less money and trouble a Taig or even a Sherline will machine wax better and faster, for longer, with no maintenance or fear of breakage in normal use (which is just absurd). When even a Sherline compares favorably to something you know it is just time to give up.

Ok, got me there. I was stuck with one. So I made what I had work.The money that I would have spent (If I didnt have access to a full machine shop) would have bought a larger and better machine. But now that I have all the bugs IE. replaced electronics ect worked out. Its a good little machine. I have been able to push my machine up towards the 85 IPM range granted I dont run it at that due to the aluminum construction. But its 5 times faster then when I first got it. I wouldnt mind having another one........

Quote Originally Posted by Stepper Monkey View Post
    So in essence, what you are saying is that after spending 3x-5x as much as a Sherline would cost, and then doing extensive modifications to it, you have it performing almost as well as a stock Sherline. (As long as you don't crash it or run it too hard, and only in between the regularly scheduled Max NC drive electronics failures).

Tell me why this is so great again?

I understand that if you are somehow stuck with one it can eventually be made at least marginally useful, but for far less money and trouble a Taig or even a Sherline will machine wax better and faster, for longer, with no maintenance or fear of breakage in normal use (which is just absurd). When even a Sherline compares favorably to something you know it is just time to give up.