588,427 active members*
5,783 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

tm1 toolchanger

Hello all,we have a tm1 at school,10 tool atc.Today after startup it did not want to load/unload tools. Using mdi m06 t2 the tool changer moves to the spindle,tool unclamps but nothing else. after approx 10 sec air stops and an alarm occurs(134). I can load/unload a tool into the spindle using the tool release on the panel so the drawbar and air work ok. Is there a limit switch on the drawbar that is telling the atc that the tool is not unclamped? I would appreciate any thoughts before we call service.

There is a switch, either a microswitch or a proximity sensor, up in the drawbar release mechanism at the top that tells the controller when the air cylinder is fully extended so the drawbar is released and the head can move up. It sounds like this is malfunctioning.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

depends on the age of the tm but this happened to me and it was the big o ring inside the tool release they get old and crack or in my case it got old and bloated from the grease inside and couldnt reach the limit switch and stop releasing with in the time limit but i could still use the tool release button.

tm1 toolchanger

hello geof, thanks for the info. We had loaded 6 tools in the atc at the end of the previous day and it was ok.Started up yesterday to finish tool loading and touchoff and bam! I was not sure if we missed something.