That is an awesome project.

I have a few questions...

How did you separate the negative from the chassis & earth ground.

I believe there is a sense signal that has to see a small load to turn the PS on. How did you signal them to turn on.

Did you make or purchase the plug on the low voltage side of those power supplies.

Those appear to be the hot swap variety found in many of the Proliant Gen5 and newer servers. I probably have a few dozen of those in bins as spares before we got rid of that server line. This would be a great project those are designed to run 24x7x365 for several years pushing close to max load. We had some pushing 1100-1200 watts (shared across 2 power supplies) for close to 7 years without breaking a sweat. They came in 460, 700, and 1000 watt versions if I recall correctly. There were failures within a data center full of those, so it would be a good idea to have a spare or two on hand. However, the big issue with this HP servers was the backplane between the power supply and the motherboard. HP cheaped out of the caps, and they were on the motherboard! We had an 80% failure rate of those in one data center. But that should also mean that tons of the power supplies should be on the market for dirt cheap for projects like this.

I am very curious how you interfaced with those power supplies.

Thanks, John Z

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk