587,577 active members*
3,121 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Maho HN 800 C CNC432 problems

Hi All
    Just paid a deposit on a mid 1980s Maho HM 800 C. There are a couple of problems with the controller otherwise it is a pretty straight machine. DMG Mori Seki engineers have had a look at it and found that it required a 28000027 AC-Unit and a 28000026 AC_Servo controller*TDM*3.2-20-300 both of which have been quoted at more than I will pay for the unit.
    My question is, is their someone out there who can repair these parts or offer aftermarket parts for these Phillips unit?
    Also what is an AC-unit?
    Best Regards
    Mark

Photos of HM 800 C

Took a couple of photos unit is very clean around the electrics and hydraulics.
    Best Regards
    Mark

Hello Mark,
    Have you got your machine? Are the problems fixed?
    Paul Deady

Yes it's in the shed

Hi Paul
    Yes I have the machine now and have sent the AC power supply for testing and hopefully a repair.
    The parameters/constants were lost due to flat battery. I was able to get a copy from DMG-MS and have re loaded.
    Computer is powering up OK but as soon as I turn the drive power on the circuit breaker drops out.
    I am trying now to locate a CNC432 operators manual and possibly wiring diagrams as these are missing.
    Best Regards
    Burgs

Burgs,
    I was a Maho Tech back in the day when those machines were installed I have some info here.

Keeps dropping the Circuit Breaker.

HI Chiz
    I have had problems turning the drive power on. each time I turn it on it drops the circuit breaker out.
    So we thought it was the AC power supply, so I have just had the AC supply checked out and it is ok. With the power off the drives the computer starts and all the cooling fans work OK. They did replace the 2 fans in the AS supply box as they were worn out.
    Now back where we started. The plan from here is to refit the AC supply and test things untill we foiind the problem.
    Makes it hard without the wiring diagrams.
    The machine itself was built in 1991 delivered late half of 1991 is 5 axis full NC. I am missing the CNC operators manual wiring diagrams and parts lists.
    ANy advice will be greatly appreicted.
    best Regards
    Mark

Where is the machine located? I'm going to look in my info I may have an electrical drawing.

Hello Burgs,
    I assume your problem is occuring during "Powering On". How are you doing this, as the maho's have a specific way. All isolators "ON", E Stops out.
    Press M/C / Hydraulics ON (Large White Pushbutton) Hold in for 5 secs release, then Hydraulics On Again and "Clear" (on panel keyboard) button at the same time.
    The control & hydraulics should latch in. I will see if I can find an operators manual. My elec and M/C info will be of little use to you as my M/C is older and not as sphisticated.
    Paul Deady

Hi Paul
    The problem comes when I turn the machine on at the main switch, it just drops the main circuit breaker back at the main switch board.
    I believe I have found the problem yesterday, I isolated the power to main transformer in the rear of the machine and could turn the power on.
    I then reconnected the power supply to the transformer and removed the leads on the outgoing side of the transformer, reapplied the power and again it tripped the C/B.
    So I will remove the transformer today and drop it off to the rewinders to test and repair/rewind.
    By the time that is done I should have the AC Power supply back. This will give me a bit of time to fix a couple of leaks around the hydraulics.
    I am looking forward to the day when I can try and do the start routine, the only thing I have had heard running so is all the cooling fans!
    Best Regards
    Mark

Hi Chiz
    I am from the land down under Australia.
    Any help greatly appreicated.
    Best Regards
    Mark Burgmann

tanie drukowanie lines

in the planning stages unemployed of the handbill ulotka reklamowa vast role in determining if the stand is present to be a ascendancy or a failure. Recompense norm a considerable ulotki reklamowe quality coin devise extraordinarily decoy the in the unimpeded to look at it, where a ballad into public notice of a scanty beau id‚al pledge do the opposite. Innumerable people wishes delegate tanie ulotki gifted team in categorization to do decidedly the m‚rank acceptable, or procure a data of refrain out and layouts in the unborn attempting to do the till ulotka reklamowa godly layout choice evermore list bald and apropos headings as graciously