588,397 active members*
4,647 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > 1985 Puma 6 with a Fanuc 10T -is it just me!!!!

1985 Puma 6 with a Fanuc 10T -is it just me!!!!

I have picked up and older Puma 6 with a Fanuc 10T control. The manual doesn't have much for programming samples and is a little vague as too what menu screens I should be looking at for different modes.
    I am looking for help or better yet if I could talk to someone that can walk me through a few simple steps to make sure the lathe works and it is not just me hitting the wrong sequence of buttons.

I have it all powered up and can home in the axis and initiate the spindle and turret index in manual mode, but then I am stuck.

I am not familiar with this control and haven't been able too get a program to run or accept mdi as a quick check to make sure it functions. I don't know if its me doing something wrong or if the control isn't working. There is an old program in memory that I thought I should be able to run but it doesn't respond. (how large of a program can it hold?)

If anyone has a similar machine and or control I would appreciate some help.
    I would be interested in talking with you if you don't mind.

Bob Flores
    231-632-6669
    [email protected]

Can you jog the axis manually and use the hand wheel?
    IIRC you need to enter EOB end of block in MDI.
    Does the cycle start light come on and stay on in MDI or does the light go on then off and the MDI screen complete?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Al, yes I can jog and use the handwheel. I had tried some data input and did include a EOB but it did not look like it accepted the command line.
    Cycle does not come on.

I was thinking of saving the program currently in memory for testing but its complex with sub calls which might be why it won't run that program.

Should I just dump it and edit in a few lines of a sample program? I don't have a program manual so i am not sure of the basic format requirements.

Thanks
    Bob

This is common to not allow MDI. Is the door closed when you are trying this?