588,288 active members*
4,631 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Wear offsets okuma multus b300

Wear offsets okuma multus b300

I am running a new multus b300 lathe and attempting to make multiple offsets for a single tool.
    Calling up a tool like this,
    Td=040001 m323

Tool one, position four. How can I make multiple wear offsets?
    On the fanuc controller I can just call t0101 t0111 and so on and easily change, thank you.

Re: Wear offsets okuma multus b300

hy, i heared that some cnc's, other than okuma, allow more than 1 correction or wear / tool

i can program more than 1 wear for a single tool/offset, but it won't work easy and smooth like how it was there from the start

correction = offset + wear, thus, to use multiple wears you must use multiple corrections

pls check this :

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    If you are only looking to update the tool offset, quit using the additional T01 command. You are telling the turret to index when you only need to update the offset using T21.

T010101 = RTO
    T0101 = TO
    T01 = O
    RTO - radius + tool + offset, or radius + turret post + correction

thus :
    T010101 ( correction 1 = offset 1 + wear 1 )
    some code
    T21 ( correction 21 = offset 21 + wear 21)

"offset 1" should be equal with "offset 21", thus there is required to measure the tool 2 times

you may avoid double measuring by using this code to autoupdate offsets : VTOFZ [ 21 ] = VTOFZ [ 1 ]

updating offsets may delete previous wear, so use it like this :

V1 = VTWOZ [ 21 ]
    VTOFZ [ 21 ] = VTOFZ [ 1 ]
    VTWOZ [ 21 ] = V1

you may also input one correction/wear from the interface, and another from code

how many corrections/wears do you need ?
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

actually, is not "correction = offset + wear", but "cutting edge position among axis = offset + correction"

"offset" may be the value from the senzor, or also it may be updated with a "correction", most times refered as "wear"

also a new tool may require "correction", thus "wear" is volatile > machine does not know if a value in "wear" field is a "correction" or "wear"

on X axis, if od tool gets wear, than if you input "wear" = 0.5, than machine will raise with 0.25 on radius, while it should lower because of "wear logic"

so, again, "wear" is volatile, does not follow a normal thinking

"correction" is more relevant, also being taken in consideration with sign, thus correction>0 will move the tool towards positive axis direction

some operators leave "wear" field empty, and input "corrections" directly in "offset" field ... well / whatever

"wear" is not a signed unit : thus if a tool gets wear, is smaller; it can not get negative wear, and by so to became bigger

on cnc, id tools have correction>0, while od tools have <0, when a wear phenomen appears

thus, if we would leave in a reality where wear would be signed, than i could set my watch on yesterday and wake up younger and the list continues ....

If I remember right, It was a TS=xxxx in order to switch to a new offset/wear register. Double check in your Operation manual.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.