588,357 active members*
7,497 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

.22 caliber pistol

Hello Friends

I am new member of this community, anyone please help me to make one effective pistol in .22 caliber.I am trying to find any good article or guide on net for the last many days but couldn't find any. Friends Please help me.

NO REPLIES YET ????????????????????????????????????

Manufacture of firearms without proper licensing is a violation of law. No body wants to be on the wrong side of BATF!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Go to HOME GUNSMITH FORUMS. You have to pay to become a member

and get access to the good stuff. I think it is about $ 45.00.

Manufacture of firearms without proper licensing is a violation of law. No body wants to be on the wrong side of BATF!

Only the second part of that is correct. If like he says he wants to make one pistol for himself, he only needs to simply do it. Its perfectly legal.
    There are NO licensing requirements AT ALL if it is any standard type of firearm for personal use. Only if he is planning on selling it does the BATF come into play at all.
    Legally, he can build anything he wants for himself, it doesn't even need a serial number.

So, what are you looking to build, Bigbull?

Edit: Looks like he is in India anyway. I know the current administration thinks their laws extend everywhere on the planet, but I don't remember India being part of the BATF jurisdiction. Maybe I just missed the executive order.

I disagree with the last post. I think if I built a 12 guage pistol with rotating cylinder or clip or even single shot with an 8 in. Bbl. I think I would be in deed trouble with ATF. So becareful. This country isn't as free as we'd like to think it is./ And I don't think India is either.

you are legally allowed to manufacture 13 guns per year for personal use, you ay not sell them, and they must be firearms that are legal for you to posses if you were to purchase them (another words full auto requires class 3 permit).

so it would be illegal to manufacture a sawed off shotgun (they are illegal no matter who makes it)

just dont sell the guns unless you die.

Intent is a functional portion of any violation, once established the facts can be "modified" to suit any purpose. The prisons are full of $hithouse lawyers so proceed at your own risk. You have heard a word of caution!

(Some folks just can't pass up an opportunity to call someone a liar!)
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

(Some folks just can't pass up an opportunity to call someone a liar!)

Yes, and unless you actually have something useful to say it would be nice if you stopped.

Additionally, please actually read peoples posts. If commenting on a subject, please know at least something about it. Also, this site is about machining, not paranoia, there are Freeper sites for that. Go to one.

Take your own advise stepper!

Look at this, plans for a gattling gun.

http://www.gatlingguns.net/

What do you know about that, they are legal too.

http://www.gatlingguns.net/videos/gatling1.mpg

Do they have a $hithouse lawyer?

JerkyBoy

its simple look up the laws, i did, 13 per year anything over that need a license.

Take your own advise stepper!

In what respect may I ask? I see no relevance or context to your statement.

Also, a single post by you, just one, that has the functional grammar and spelling of a fourth grader would be nice. Even on a post that short you fail miserably.

Although this site does not expressly have an age limit, you really should wait until you are old enough to drive to be posting here. Come back in a few years.

http://http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#a6

(A6) Does the GCA prohibit anyone from making a handgun, shotgun or rifle?

With certain exceptions a firearm may be made by a non-licensee provided it is not for sale and the maker is not prohibited from possessing firearms. However, a person is prohibited from assembling a non-sporting semi-automatic rifle or non-sporting shotgun from imported parts. In addition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and approval by ATF. An application to make a machine gun will not be approved unless documentation is submitted showing that the firearm is being made for a Federal or State agency.

[18 U.S.C. 922(o) and (r), 26 U.S.C. 5822, 27 CFR 478.39, 479.62 and 479.105]

Just posting this to end this spat... if u can own it u can make it... just dont sell it ... if u have a question if it is legal or not call your local ATF office and ask BEFORE u do any thing. You would be surprised how helpful they are!!

Nice links - good (?) discussion/debate. But to get back to the point of the initial post:

I didn't know the BATF was so ubiquitous as to influence even the licensing of weapons and their manufacture in INDIA!
    It might be interesting for for all of us for Bigbull to share the requirements/restrictions in India.
    BigBull - google Scribd - then do a 22 Lr search. You will be blessed with a simple single shot design - zip gun style.
    :cheers: Jim

BTW-I could wax philosophic on the various firearms laws, regs and import export requirements (from an onwers perspective) throughout the Pacific, NZ, AUS and South Asia - but I am afraid its not germane either.
    Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.

ya i didnt mean to completely stear the thread off topic... i had to wate till i got home to post this.... dont know if it is complete or not i havent built this one so
    look it over and compare it to a real Ruger MK I Pistol Receiver if u can...

Edit: yes i know its not single shot but i think that zip guns are Dangerous... to prone to misfire and hard to aim in general.. the ones i have seen just lead to accidents.
    Attached Files Attached Files

In Canada i would be facing jail time for producing a firearm , a guy needs his FAC just to buy shells now
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Quote Originally Posted by dertsap View Post
    In Canada i would be facing jail time for producing a firearm , a guy needs his FAC just to buy shells now
    WOW that sucks man... not that bad here yet.... but they are trying.

Quote Originally Posted by dertsap View Post
    You should look into that a bit more....

When the firearms act was changed over, the incompetents that wrote it left holes you could drive a mack truck through.

One of those holes, allows the building of firearms. Legally.

It boils down to having to register it, as soon as it becomes a firearm, but the CFC is currently registering homebuilts. There have been a couple homebuilt semi-auto Sten builds documented online.

You can build all the flintlock long guns you want to, as well, as they are not considered firearms. That's a little different than what's going on here, but...

Cheers
    Trev