588,500 active members*
4,694 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas mill/turn.

Does Haas make mill/turn with Y-axis, anyone?

Yes , but I believe they are still working on it. Try calling Haas applications dept to see if it is ready.

Do waste time and money with Haas

Do waste your time and money with Haas machines, especially a Haas turning center with mill and Y. Haas lathes cannot hold tolerance without constantly babying the offsets. Morning startup, you'll be out .008-0.010" from the night before. We learned our lesson the hard way. We were an all Haas shop, but now were down to none.

Just wondering. What machines do you use now? And how much do they change over night if any at all?

Typical changes from end of day to next morning is about 0.0005" - 0.0010" (worst case conditions) for all of our machines. We've moved away from Haas so most of our machines now are Hwacheons and Okumas. So far, we've been very satisfied, we plan on staying with these.

I have all Haas machines 1 vm 2,1 vf 1,and a sl 10. I dont do alot of production work but on the lathe maybe .002 . My shop is in nor-cal and it is air cond. And of course they move, they all do its a haas not a makino.
    All it takes is MONEY.