588,201 active members*
4,480 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Question for ShopSabre CNC Router Table owners

Question for ShopSabre CNC Router Table owners

hey everyone we have a ShopSabre CNC Router Table and we've had nothing but problems with it and we've gotten help. we've still got a lot of problems though my shop foreman is about to kill someone ((nuts)).

So question is how has the tech support been for you when you run into a problem and have to call them and has anyone else had as much difficulty with their machine as us?

Second question is has anyone else experienced a shuttering in their gantry while moving along the Y? We've been sent new barrings and plates to replace but didn't seem to help and the Y screw under the table doesn't have any extra slack or play to it, it's pretty solid.

i have recently retrofited my older (non Shopsabre) router with a new controller in the new configuring from 1/2 steppers to microsteppers i had stuttering in the Y, it took some adjustments on smooting and rate in the winini file (i am sure you have wincnc) has there been any effort to look at the file by the tech's

jim

Quote Originally Posted by CRWConstruction View Post
    So question is how has the tech support been for you when you run into a problem and have to call them and has anyone else had as much difficulty with their machine as us?

Second question is has anyone else experienced a shuttering in their gantry while moving along the Y? We've been sent new barrings and plates to replace but didn't seem to help and the Y screw under the table doesn't have any extra slack or play to it, it's pretty solid.
    From my experience they been competent and timely. Most my issues where my own doing, with the install. I had "shuttering" when we first got it up. Turned out the screws on the slide ways were too tight causing the gantry to bind traveling in y axis. If you cant move it by pushing on it, the servo will have problems as well. They have changed the y axis servo since I got my machine. My y axis servo hangs out the back rather than off the gantry cross member. So it may be difficult to see how well the gantry slides because the drive screw is always engaged on the new design. If you can disconnect the motor from the gantry and see how the gantry glides on its own. When you get that to go smooth you should be good.

Todd
    www.innovative-accents.com

Ya they've had us disconnect the gantry from the guiding screw and move it by hand. Looks like we've identified the problem as the drive screw not being parallel with the guiding rails. Also looks like they're sending someone out to check on it themselves next week (that's what my supervisor told me). thanks for the replies hopefully they'll be able to get it all straightened out when they get here.