587,132 active members*
3,231 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

how to install power chuck on sl3b

hi guys,

i just bought an old mori seiki sl3b with mori yasnac control.
    there is a 5c collet closer installed and i want to install the 10" power chuck that came with the machine. the manual does not mention this and i want to make sure i don't destroy anything before i do it. first of all there seem to be no way of locking the spindle so it i hard to get any leverage opening the 6 allen bolts. the best i could get was to run the spindle at lowset speed when in fact it does not move at all. so far i only bent the allen wrenches though. the bolts do not move at all. if i ever get them off, i am sure there must be some way of getting the chuck back plate off the chuck. otherwise i cant install the 6 bolts again. lastly there should also be some connection for the hydraulic pressure.

andy advise is highly appreciated!

sorry about no captal letters. i am writing on a broken keyboard.

andy

Did you figure it out or still need help?

I know this post is 2 years old but I need to ask you a question on your power chuck, I inherited a sl 3b in my shop with an old chuck that is worn out and won't hold concentricity. looking for a2-6 10inch chuck but spindle tube threads are different than any a2-6 noses I can find....No marking on the chuck either..
    If you can help with any info, let me know....thank you