587,216 active members*
2,686 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hooking it all up

Okay, Let me see if i have this right. Havent purchased the software/controller yet, but will be in the next week or so.

Limit switches are all n/c and are all wired together in series, One side of the circuit goes to the limit terminal, where does the other side go? Ground or +5V?

Same for the E-stop switch, ill assume this should be a n/c and hooked up like the limit switches?

Should the E-stop switch send a signal to the software AND shut power off at the stepper power supply?

Home switches should be n/c circuits, Should they end at ground, or +5V?

Does the controller need +5V coming from the computer, or does it share the +5V with the Geckos?

What about Pause and Start switches?

Thanks for any help,

Dylan

Okay,

Figured out that all limit and home switches need to be grounded. I got my hands on 3 Omron optical switches and built a relay board to make them N/C switching ground. Accurate to .002mm according to Omron.

Anyone know about the E-stop switch?

This is the forum for the deskcnc controller isnt it? The lack of response/help is starting to scare me, I would really like to use the deskcnc system.....

Thanks,

Dylan

Dylan,

Fred Smith (imserv) sometimes answers questions here, but you may have a better response here:
    http://www.imsrv.com/discus/messages...tml?1106497969

I'm interested in this software/board as well, so will be curious to see how you make out.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylwad
    Okay,

This is the forum for the deskcnc controller isnt it? The lack of response/help is starting to scare me, I would really like to use the deskcnc system.....

Thanks,

Dylan
    I get the feeling most people are using dos based control systems.

Responses to Desk CNC

Hi I agree the responses are quite slow. When i get my stuff i will put up anything i find out. It could be that the docs are very good. Try to remember that as this comes with its own software its probably more compatibl ewith its own equipment, and no i dont work for them, i just ordered their stuff.

Have to say the hobby cnc guys were very rude, i asked about using UPS to the UK so i could track it and the basically said 'read the website', not very helpful.

Actually the responses at the imsrv forum are fast and helpfull.
    So far after a few bugs(mostly setup) the deskcnc software is very nice for the price.
    Dylan

Rude

Quote Originally Posted by oneill222
    Hi I agree the responses are quite slow. When i get my stuff i will put up anything i find out. It could be that the docs are very good. Try to remember that as this comes with its own software its probably more compatibl ewith its own equipment, and no i dont work for them, i just ordered their stuff.

Have to say the hobby cnc guys were very rude, i asked about using UPS to the UK so i could track it and the basically said 'read the website', not very helpful.

Yes I agrre, the hobbycnc ppl are rude...