588,434 active members*
5,985 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAM toolpath breakable?

BobCAM toolpath breakable?

Tonight I cut out a sheet of 18 gage rectangular for delivery tomorrow morning. This is 38"X by 57"Y. I started with a new sheet so I lined the sheet for X and Y based on program 0. I used the rectangle icon in BobCAD to produce the drawing with .5" radius on the corners. I generated the tool path in CAM but it recognized the drawing as one entity and produced the toolpath for the full rectangle. What I really wanted was to not have the plasma firing down the edges of the sheet. I made the cuts firing the plasma by hand. My question is this..
    1) Can I break the toolpath where I want to?
    2) Do I need to break the drawing in CAD before sending it to CAM?
    3) Do I need to make up a line by line drawing and choose each entity separately?
    This is V-21 and I have the V-21 manual and the V-20 training videos. I haven't found referance to this issue in them, but likely I'm just not looking in the right spot.
    I'm just a pup at this yet, so if somebody has been there before, I would really appreciate your pointing me in the right direction (or the right page anyway).
    Thanks, Steve Crum

No need to break the entities unless you want to lead in/out on something other than an endpoint.

You can either preselect the geometry with all your arrows pointing in the direction of cut, then select Cut Auto.

Or you can select Cut Auto first and follow directions in bottom left part of screen. (pick line then direction then end of chain).

Or, if you have the Machine > Profile command, you can select it and then pick your toolpath then define your offset, lead in/out etc. (I don't know if a plasma post has this)

You probably used Cut All. That makes a toolpath of everything on the screen without the opportunity to define a limited path.

Hope this helps,
    moldmker

To select your path, hold the shift key and click on the end of the entity where you wish to finish.
    Next hold the control key and click on the entities (outer edges) you don't want to cut .