588,206 active members*
3,965 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question glass cutting table

hi is cristian here. i'm new on this site and i want to build a glass cutting table 2/3 m. i need to have a speed of at lease 100 mm/sec.
    and i intend to use an glass cuting diamond as a cutting head.
    please advice

thanks

Can you add any detail? I assume you want this for compound and curved cuts, not just straight?

If it's just for scribing the part lines, then almost any of the router builds shown in the forums should be adequate, since there's negligible deflection forces. Probably some of the long time regulars here can point you toward threads with builds that meet your size and speed criteria.

Tiger

glass cutting table

hi. thank you for reply.
    the table sould cut generaly straight and curved lines. but i do not know about watt power and speed i need for the motors and i would like to ad two more axis to bring the glass sheet to a 0 point. the two new axis should be in x and y below the glass activating sets of whels for moving the glass. and further more i would like two more axis in the same plan to move a "hit"piece for breacking the glass after scrachting .

do i ask for too much ?

How big of sheets of glass are you cutting? Are you cutting for decorative or industrial purpous?

the sheets of glass are 8/6 foot and the table sould be for industrial porpouses. it should cut most of the times straight lines reason for wichi i need hi speed for it.

Glass Scoring Table

There are plenty of existing glass scoring tables on the market. A simple 4' x 8' or 5' x 10' would probalby do. Most come with lifting bars for breaking. The price on them is relatively low because the market is pretty saturated.