588,492 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > Slowing down the graghics simulation

Question Slowing down the graghics simulation

Can anyone tell me how to slow down the graghics? When we do a simulation on our tl-25 it goes a hundred miless a hour but on the tl-15 it goes a lot slower so that you can actually follow the tool path. I've checked the settings between the 2 machines and everything matches. Any ideas?
    (nuts)

They have a faster processor now and graphics goes like crazy. The only way I know to slow itis to turn the setting on that allows the hand wheel to control feed hold and cycle start. Then in single block you turn the handwheel and step through as fast as you like.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Graphics

you can't slow down graphics but you can like geof sais change setting 104 and use the jog handle to single block through your program

Most Irritating Change!

I started buying Haas machines back in 1999 with the old CRT amber display.

I loved it when they came out with the LCD, much easier to see.

Then they put more info on the screen with the 15" display, once I got used to it I liked it.

Then suddenly Graphics started going like Road Runner on amphetamines, and I am not Wiley Coyote. I detest it!!!!!

Surely it is not too difficult to put in some sort of adjustable delay when the processor reads the code for running Graphics? Have a Setting that takes a value between 1 and 10?

I reserve judgement on the new display that showed up on my most recent machine.

I heard that the graphics speed is adjustable on the new gui that they are coming up with although that thing looks too busy for my liking
    "It's only funny until some one get's hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!" Mike Patton - Faith No More Ricochet

The new GUI has and speed control for the graphics and it is laid out so you simply press cycle start in edit mode and it goes staright into graphics the new user interface was a good decision for haas

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post

I reserve judgement on the new display that showed up on my most recent machine.

Geof I believe you will enjoy the friendliness of the new control layout over time

Quote Originally Posted by wcbob View Post
    Geof I believe you will enjoy the friendliness of the new control layout over time
    I probably will; I am just an old fart that pretends to resist change.

Although if things continue as planned it will be mostly my guys who have to learn to like it, I am getting out of things more and more; and the machines in my home/hobby/prototype shop have the familiar original small LCD display.

Quote Originally Posted by big_mak View Post
    I heard that the graphics speed is adjustable on the new gui that they are coming up with although that thing looks too busy for my liking
    Not too busy at all...it's great being able to see your program and your tool offsets at the same time...and it's also great being able to see your main programs sub call AND the subroutine at the same time too...and it's also great knowing how much time is left in the program by watching the time remaining counter...and it's also great knowing how much time is left in a dwell. I'm a big fan of the new interface...I also like that hitting the handle jog button gets you to JOG mode again (just like it did before IPS...what a novel concept) and IPS is inside of MDI...where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Not too busy at all...it's great being able to see your program and your tool offsets at the same time...and it's also great being able to see your main programs sub call AND the subroutine at the same time too...and it's also great knowing how much time is left in the program by watching the time remaining counter...and it's also great knowing how much time is left in a dwell.....
    I suppose had I actually run my new machine I would have found all this, it does sound good.

As it is it is sitting there with all the sheetmetal off around the spindle the hydraulic chuck removed. We are turning it into a 'Big Bore' with 2.77" through the drawtube. I will write it up in a thread in a few weeks.

Geof is this an sl-20 your convertin?

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    Geof is this an sl-20 your convertin?
    GT-20.

The spindle bore is 2.997". When you get the hydraulic chuck option the ID through the hydraulic cylinder is 2.047" and the bore through the chuck is the same.

I found a chuck 8" OD with a 2.85" bore from Autoblock and a hydraulic cylinder with a bore slightly larger than 3". The chuck bolts straight onto the spindle and we just have to make a mounting flange for the cylinder, a drawtube and switch the hydraulic lines; I hope. Our drawtube will have a 2.77" ID so we can take 2-3/4" round bar.

Man that's sweet. I hope it works out good for you. The GT20 has the same spindle as an SL-20 IIRC. I was thinking about an sl-20 but I need at least a machine with a 2.125" bar cap. Sl-20 has an a2-6 spindle. SL-20 big bore has an a2-6 spindle but a bigger drawtube. The price for the SL-20bb is 5k less than an SL-30. SL-30 has a a2-6 spindle. I asked the Haas rep about a sl-20 with a bigger draw tube and chuck and he said Haas wouldn't be interested in converting it they want to sell the big bore option. It makes no sense to me to have such a small bar cap. Heck my sl-10 has 1.75. I was also looking at a daewoo 220c it has a 2.625" bar cap with an 8" chuck and the machine is basically the same size as an sl-10. Anyway good luck with your project and let us know how it turns out.

[QUOTE=Edster;484034....The GT20 has the same spindle as an SL-20...

SL-20 big bore has an a2-6 spindle but a bigger drawtube....

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I could probably convert a SL-20, or buy a SL-20 Big Bore, but my calculations tell me I can do two GT20s for the same money, and fit both of them in the same floor space as the SL20.

A friend of mine has a gt20 with an 8 station turret. He likes it, it does have a small footprint. It's cool how the chips and coolant slide down the ramp to the coolant tank. It's also nice to have a separate coolant tank, not like the sl-10. The turret does look a little small, and I wonder if it has enough tools or clearance to use all the stations. My sl-10 doesn't have enough clearance to run od tools with id tools at the next stations. I've seen other lathes that have extensions for the od tools, too bad haas doesn't make any. I've thought of making my own when I get some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    A friend of mine has a gt20 with an 8 station turret. ....The turret does look a little small, and I wonder if it has enough tools or clearance to use all the stations.......I've seen other lathes that have extensions for the od tools, too bad haas doesn't make any. I've thought of making my own when I get some time.
    That is our solution, we have several custom toolholders and at some stations we gang tool.