587,603 active members*
4,141 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

KeyCreator Ghosting Problem

I just bought and installed two copies of KeyCreator 7.0 on two different computers. Previously I was using CadKey v21.5 and did not have this problem. When I want to "Zoom to Window", I do just like I did in the past and click the upper left and then the lower right, but instead of it simply creating a box, it does this (I call it 'ghosting', but you may call it something else):

It also does it when trying to draw lines, etc. Very annoying. Is there a way to turn this off?

Both computers do it, and both are less than one year old. One has on-board video, but the other has a 256MB video card, so I'm leaning against that being the problem.

Tron

I received a very quick reply from Kubotek about this problem and I am posting the solution here. I hate it when people find the solution to their problem and either don't post it or say something like "Nevermind, I figured it out".

Kubotek said:

"These are settings to try to fix the “Ghost Cursor” issue.
    Tools, Options, Display tab
    You will want to change the Hardware open GL Setting to Software Open GL.
    If Anti-Aliasing is on then turn it off."

Their instructions didn't say it, but you also need to restart KeyCreator for the new display settings to go into effect.

TronCarter, welcome to the KeyCreator forum. I curious as to what video card you have that would require you to switch to software Open GL or did you just turn off the Anti-Aliasing?
    If you’ve just purchased the program, you may want to visit Kubotek’s Webforum for help. It’s an excellent source of information and is very active, unlike this site and you get help directly from the developers. Also, make sure you download the current patch/updates (7.03).