588,653 active members*
6,317 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ - Sydney, Australia - Simple aluminium part

Hi All,

I need a simple 2 piece part made from aluminium. CNC is probably overkill, a lathe would do it, but I don't know anyone with a working lathe at the moment.

The 2 parts consist of a housing and a cover, with either an interference fit or threaded if that's easier.

I've attached a zip with solidworks and IGES files of the part. If someone prefers another format let me know.

Regards

Liam
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Liam,

Fancy seeing you here

Can't offer anything re: your part. Just could not resist at least saying :wave:
    hello!

Regards,
    Bob

Hi Bob!

Is this job already awarded? Do you have a target price for these pcs? It looks like gravy do you have a cad with exact dimensions? Or is the iges money?

Kyle

hey you two from Australia, please don't take offence at this question but, I have noticed a curious pattern developing over the past few years and I wonder if you might shed a little lite on it?
    Again, please don't take offence at this but, I've noticed a large number of poeple from Australia who subcribe to sites like this one, that deal with the mechanical arts, are trying to do some rather sofisticated stuff with hammer and hacksaw technology.
    I'm just curious why more poeple don't have accses to any kind of machine tool they want.
    I could sit and speculate all day but, I would really like to get the consensous right from the sorce.
    It just strikes me so odd because wear I am in the US I can lay my hands on any kind of machine I would care to name to do what ever I want in my own shop in the basement or shed out back, yet a couple of years ago I gave some advise to a few guys, out your way, who were trying to do some rather fancy air gun work with a drill press and some hand files!
    More power to anyone for trying something challenging but, they were'nt using the hand tools because they didn't know what they were doing.
    They simply didn't have the accses to the machines and didn't know were to find them.

????

Not a problem to make just need Type of aluminum and a complete drawing file in .DXF, .DWG or just a .PDF with dimensions and tolerances so I can quote it.