587,772 active members*
3,205 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Expert Help Needed!!!

Expert Help Needed!!!

Hello fellas,
    Here is a learning project I would like to request Help for. It is a 1/4 scale big block Chevy SS396 Engine Block that I have created in BOBCAD V23Pro, I want to machine it first from a wood block using a 4th axis rotary table using indexing if possible. Any advise will be greatly appreciated :wave:

BTW U Guys are a wealth of info and I love reading the advise and watching the videos presented...THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I Love This Stuff!!!

ROB
    Attached Files Attached Files

Almost didnt want to reply because you did say "expert" help!

I'll try and produce something with your model that may help you. It will take me a bit to set it up because the model geometry has several errors in it and I need to do some seperation work to get what i need and do it cleanly...

I may not present the exact machining strategy, but it will get you going with indexing the part around...

I just did a video in the BobCad forum for a guy to show some indexing methods.. I'll link to that too when I get the model ready.

Well Burr, I consider you an Expert for Sure!!!! Among many Experts on this form (don't be modest) I have learned much from many , I have watched the videos you refer to and they are a tremendous help, I learned a great deal from them, now I want to try to machine this block using a mixture of 2D and 3D paths , indexing or whatever method you guys recommend. My goal is purely educational , so if another model is appropriate then I'm all for it. BTW I had created the model in 1812 then decided to revert to 1595 ,so I had to save it as a IGES file to get er into 1595 format, not saying it was correct just saying Thank You for your response, I am your student :wave:

Here is a revised edition of the engine block, hopefully its better than the first attempt.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Progress!!!

With the help of your videos I have made what I consider to be significant Progress.
    ROB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SS396.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SS3962.jpg   SS3963.jpg  

Hey Rob,
    SOrry I didnt get back to you on this... My plate is full.. Basically though, those videos show exactly what i was going to do... Looks like you moved with it.. Thats a freaken great result! The model is awsome too. I'm going to be unavailable for awhile, Good luck...

BURRMAN ,
    Without your videos I would be lost!!! I cant Thank You enough......:cheers:

ROB