586,655 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Just ordered the last melon (Torus)

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Titaniumboy View Post
    Hello Novakon Team (John?),

Thanks for the details regarding the oiling system. Do the metering valves have a built-in check valve? If yes, that would certainly prevent any siphoning issues once the leaks are fixed.

The two oil leaks are both at the manifold where 1) the incoming flex oil line comes in, and 2) where the outgoing flex oil line leaves. What is the recommended way to stop the leaks? Would a 90 deg elbow help with the excessive bending of the two flex oil lines?

I received your email regarding the shipping cost of the extra coolant pumps and the control cabinet extension cable. I will email you regarding these two items.

Regards,

Titaniumboy
    Yup, today I am operator number 3...John.

The metering valves are spring loaded and exert a small pressure on the internal "ball" that has to be overcome by the pump oil pressure. Therefore, this is how they meter the flow evenly to all points. In reverse, it will check the flow to stop any siphoning back in. A pretty simple device and effective.

The best solution to the ends would be to add the elbows. the thread is 6mm and I should have stock for this too. I will send you an assortment of parts to repair the suspected areas. Inspect the oil line length to make sure there is enough line slack to cut the tube end off and use the new furrels. Sometimes the tube can be a little on the "short" side so I may need to send you tubing also. Please let me know. These are all trivial parts and the repair is easy.

One other point I will bring up. The diagrams and operation of the Torus versus the new Pulsar are functionally very close. Obvious physical differences aside, the electronics and functions are virtually identical. The Pulsar manual is in development by a professional company currently, and a draft copy will be available by the time of the Cabin Fever Expo in April. This manual will greatly assist you in using the Torus on an operational basis. I also believe Leeway has the Torus operation mastered and has used it quite effectively. There are others but they are quiet on the zone, but I am sure they will jump in with some helpful hints. The rest is just mastering Mach3 and coding. Sounds so simple....:drowning:

Regards,

Operator number 3
    Novakon Team

Quote Originally Posted by Novakon View Post
    Yup, today I am operator number 3...John.

The metering valves are spring loaded and exert a small pressure on the internal "ball" that has to be overcome by the pump oil pressure. Therefore, this is how they meter the flow evenly to all points. In reverse, it will check the flow to stop any siphoning back in. A pretty simple device and effective.

The best solution to the ends would be to add the elbows. the thread is 6mm and I should have stock for this too. I will send you an assortment of parts to repair the suspected areas. Inspect the oil line length to make sure there is enough line slack to cut the tube end off and use the new furrels. Sometimes the tube can be a little on the "short" side so I may need to send you tubing also. Please let me know. These are all trivial parts and the repair is easy.

One other point I will bring up. The diagrams and operation of the Torus versus the new Pulsar are functionally very close. Obvious physical differences aside, the electronics and functions are virtually identical. The Pulsar manual is in development by a professional company currently, and a draft copy will be available by the time of the Cabin Fever Expo in April. This manual will greatly assist you in using the Torus on an operational basis. I also believe Leeway has the Torus operation mastered and has used it quite effectively. There are others but they are quiet on the zone, but I am sure they will jump in with some helpful hints. The rest is just mastering Mach3 and coding. Sounds so simple....:drowning:
    The siphoning makes sense now - my leaks were upstream of the metering valves.

It looks like I will have enough slack in both oil lines to effect the repair, especially if you can also send me a couple 6mm elbows.

I'm looking forward to your new Pulsar manual. And LeeWay (and others) have been very helpful.

I haven't dug into Mach3 yet. I have taken community college classes where I've programmed Hurco, Fadal, and Haas vertical machining centers. This experience has really driven home that every machine uses slightly different versions of gcode.